Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oppertunities ashore for an EOOW

Hi there

just curius to know what opportunities are ashore for an EOOW with a SPD in marine engineering. I enjoy being at sea and want to stay doing it for as long as possible just curious to know what is available. I already know of superintendents, project engineers, training officers, technicals assistants. Careers that don't necessarily involve shipping
    Phase 5 SPD engine cadet at city of Glasgow college. Doing a a combined motor and steam ticket.

As you've said theres a fair number of support roles ashore but within the marine field, the advantage of these is that it still allows you to renew the CoC other than that to renew you would have to sit another oral exam

ashore and outside the marine sector. power stations, railways, and any other location that has a fair amount of mechanical systems sewage works even amazon warehouses
    in Scotland there used to be a lot of companies building and repairing equipment for rigs
    a lot of it though is just luck that you are looking at a time when jobs are available.

I know a few years ago ascension island was looking for an engineer to look after the power station engines would of been a good job if you like the sun and lazy days
    you can take it with a pinch of salt, but i prefer it with a nip of whisky

Comment

Originally posted by therookie101 View Post
      Hi there

just curius to know what opportunities are ashore for an EOOW with a SPD in marine engineering. I enjoy being at sea and want to stay doing it for as long as possible just curious to know what is available. I already know of superintendents, project engineers, training officers, technicals assistants. Careers that don't necessarily involve shipping
      http://www.navis-consulting.com/mobi...ne-CentralBelt

Comment

Working...
      X