X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lewis
    • December 2010

Stcw certificates

Does anyone know if it is necessary to keep the original certificates after doing refresher courses?
  • Silvertop
    • October 2013

No. You need the original to prove you are qualified to do the refresher, therefore the refresher is now the valid certificate. However, I would not throw them away, just not carry them with me.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    If you can't laugh, you shouldn't have joined!!

Comment

• Clanky
      • January 2011

I would keep the original as well.
      Go out, do stuff

Comment

• ETwhat?
        • June 2011

yup I would carry them as proof its only 4 pages of paper, exception would be if you did a similar course to me were the pst wasn't a refresher half day but just a repeat full course
        you can take it with a pinch of salt, but i prefer it with a nip of whisky

Comment

• Kate Gillespie
          • September 2013

Unemployed UK seafarers needing financial support to update STCW certification please visit the MEF website for grant funding application forms. www.meftraining.org
          Kate Gillespiehttp://www.officercadet.com/webkit-f...pplication.pdfhttp://www.officercadet.com/webkit-f...pplication.pdf

Comment

• YoungMariner
            • April 2011

I was quite happy when I got my refresher certificate in Oz, just one certificate with all the 4 qualifications listed on it, now how simple is that? Why do we need four pieces of paper when one can suffice and in actual fact you in Oz you can get them endorsed onto your CoC so you don't even need to carry those pieces of paper.
            Time for the MCA to get up to date. Perhaps even issuing CoC's that look like a drivers license and endorsing all your certificate onto the back!

Comment

Working...
            X