Chief Mates Unlimited Requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chief Mates Unlimited Requirements

I am considering taking a new job on smaller boats however I was wondering if this will affect me being able to get an unlimited mates ticket. Does anyone know if there is requirement for the size of vessel that counts towards your sea time for your mates ticket. Ive tried to search for information myself but cant find much.

Many thanks.

Hi

its in here: https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...322/mgn092.pdf

Paragraph 3.2.1 - believe it or not ... Over 24m / 80GT! And they also have a few rules regarding type and where it's trading.
    Pilotage - It's just a controlled allision

Comment

well MGN 92 mentions seatime is counted on vessels above 24 meters/80 grt & it also states seatime counted in full towards unlimited certification , provided 2/3rd of time is spent at sea. i guess 2/3rd means service on foreign going trading vessels. That means out of 18 months 12 months has to be served on ocean going vessels.
      my suggestion its better to ask MCA to clarify on this .???

Comment

Originally posted by Sachin_kum View Post
        i guess 2/3rd means service on foreign going trading vessels. That means out of 18 months 12 months has to be served on ocean going vessels.
        No it doesn't. Table 4 only applies to the ship types mentioned in the table, and the particular bits you reference about spending 2/3rds of time at sea relate to types of vessel that tend to spend a lot of time alongside. Time "at sea" is any time spent outside of Categorised Waters. There is no requirement to visit foreign ports or enter oceanic waters. You have read into the MGN several things that simply aren't there.

Comment

Thanks Steve you beat me to it!
          Pilotage - It's just a controlled allision

Comment

Working...
          X