Deep sea...again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep sea...again

Hey guys, recently got a new job deep sea after spending the last 2 mind numbing years on st/by in the north sea

Was just wondering if anyone has a list of "must takes" when going on deep sea voyages ?

The first question, do you have free V-Sat onboard? That makes a biiiig difference when answering that question.

Comment

Am not sure what the facilities are like onboard yet

Comment

If you have an iPad or Kindle, download all the books that you can before you go... Plenty of Tabasco in case you have a bad cook!

Comment

A pot of decent coffee.

Comment

It really depends on who you work for I think, there is a lot of variety out there, certainly lots of ebooks, and also a hard drive full of TV series, movies and music!!
            If you can't laugh, you shouldn't have joined!!

Comment

True, if you bring a pile of recent DVDs/Films/TV etc... you will make many friends!

Comment

Originally posted by condeh View Post
                True, if you bring a pile of recent DVDs/Films/TV etc... you will make many friends!
                Definitely that! In my first seaphase i only had like 340gb of Tv series/Movies and they run out pretty fast since i was putting them on the crew's Tv messroom every few days while not on port. So since i returned i started keeping everything i downloaded and considered good including entire seasons from such series to the point that my 1 TB hard drive is full, i really need to get another one. Also organizing the Hard drive makes things extremely easier.

Though i am not sure if there is a country where having many downloaded tv series/movies could cause you a problem, since they might have been downloaded from pirate sites. Anyone ever had a problem with this??

Maybe a few games on your laptop in case you have the time, steam sales usually are perfect for that since some games are sold so cheap that you can buy and keep them for later when you are not in the mood to do something else.

Also maritime apps/Programs/ebooks could be useful in case you might need to remember and find something. Ctrl-F beats those old paper books.

Comment

Working...
                X