Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Endorsement CoC" - What in the blazes!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Endorsement CoC" - What in the blazes!?

Hi guys,

Just received an email from my shipping company containing a checklist of required documentation before I join my 1st ship next week, and one of the items listed as missing is the aforementioned "endorsement CoC". Would anyone happen to know what this would be? They have my CoC detailed above, so it can't be that.

At a guess, could it be for those who've done a rating to officer programme, and thus shouldn't apply?

Thanks, Mike

Usually it is an endorsement to your national certificate by the flag state of the ship you will be sailing on.
    Go out, do stuff

Comment

Dangerous Cargo Endorsement?

Comment

Originally posted by Clanky View Post
        Usually it is an endorsement to your national certificate by the flag state of the ship you will be sailing on.
        I see. It's a Hong Kong flagged vessel I'll be joining, which I've filled out an application for an endorsement for, but not heard anything back from yet. Got to the bottom of it thanks.

Comment

yep, you will need the HKG CeC, office normal do this, you get a temp cert fairly quick then the full one turns up eventually ;-)
          Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
          Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
          No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Nope, same as a UK CEC. Normally you'll join with proof of application and will eventually sign off with CEC

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
            I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Yeah, you will get a 'confirmation of receipt of application' (CRA) or it's HGK equivalent which is basically just an acknowledgement of the fact that they have received your application for the endorsement, you can sail with this for a short time while they proces your application.

Usually the company will forward this directly to the ship, but check with them.
              Go out, do stuff

Comment

CRA = temp Cert as far as the real world is concerned
                Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
                Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
                No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Working...
                X