C1/D Renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C1/D Renewal

Whatcha, got to renew my visa in June, anyone any idea do I have to go for an interview even though I have had the interview before and currently hold a C1/D? Info as ever seem either hard to find or thin on the ground.

ta

chiefy
    Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
    Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
    No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Have to go through the whole thing again as far as I know. Mine's up soon-ish too and not really looking forward to the experience!
    sigpic
    Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showth...l-of-C1-D-visa That's all I can find on the matter Chiefy, seems like you get asked simpler questions about your job this time round...and a nice trip to London

Comment

I heard the embassy was moving out of London
        "My Job"

It's not my place to run the boat
        the fog horn I can't blow.

It's not my place to say just where
        the boat's allowed to go

It's not my right to dock the boat
        or even clang the bell

But let the damn thing
        start to sink AND SEE WHO CATCHES HELL!

Comment

Originally posted by jcwilson91 View Post
          moving across London. They're building the new one opposite my sailing club on the Thames. Will block out what little wind is left

Comment

Originally posted by jcwilson91 View Post
            No - they are moving in a different part of London - new Covent Garden area in nine elms. Not till 2017 though.

Comment

http://london.usembassy.gov/new_embassy.html

Comment

I know several people who travelled to Belfast to renew their visas, apparently the whole process is much quicker and easier and with train fares as they are a flight to Belfast from anywhere North of Stevenage is probably cheaper than the train to London.
                Go out, do stuff

Comment

The annoying thing is needing an interview again at all, I am still me, my passport proves it, as do the 3 previous c1/d's and a j1

First world super power with massive surveillance apparatus, still needs u yo go and see them and not to carry and electronics into the building....my arse
                  Trust me I'm a Chief.

No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Comment

I renewed mine recently, was very straightforward at the interview and the only needed a letter. Most western countries now need an interview and/or biometrics for a visa, including the UK. Although admittedly, the USA is one of the few countries with visa requirements for seafarers.
                    I find the US border and visa staff far nicer and more professional then they used to be.

Comment

To be fair them being nicer would be a step forward, bet we still get sent to the extended checks room with the other undesirables

Mutter mutter mumble grumble
                      Trust me I'm a Chief.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiefy View Post
                        To be fair them being nicer would be a step forward, bet we still get sent to the extended checks room with the other undesirables

Mutter mutter mumble grumble
                        Maybe you're just on a watch list?
                        I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

After your recent contribution to the "How to blow up ships manual for terrorists", we're probably all on a watched list!
                          Go out, do stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Clanky View Post
                            After your recent contribution to the "How to blow up ships manual for terrorists", we're probably all on a watched list!
                            Urm.....aye.....yeah.....where are you again?
                            I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

The no electronics or bags rule is a massive pain in the arse. I travelled down the night before and stayed in a hotel, luckily with a bit of googling I found out about the chemist next door to the embassy which for a small sum of ?30 will watch your bag and electronics while your inside

You get number 200 when you go in and your still sitting 4 hours later, number 600's being called because we get the "special" treatment it takes ages..... then when I got to the window, the man said " You work for Maersk? Good company, good luck in you career, pay the lady on the way out to get your passport delivered"........ I did enjoy the trip to London on expenses though so mustn't grumble too much

Just read the chemist is making ?1000 a day off of the storage thing

Comment

Working...
                              X