Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C/O Orals "D"

Howdy all,

just wondered if anyone has taken orals "D" for the limited C/O ticket and how it compares to the OOW orals, especially as for a near coastal under 3000gt ticket you don't need any extra seatime?!?!? Was thinking I might have a bash in my spare time on the way to getting my full unlimited C/O ticket.

SeaDog

I believe the oral just involves more Safety/Law related stuff and the actual navigation is just the same.

I know the <200 GT Master Oral is very similar to the OOW , actually heard it is easier.

Comment

So for the captain < 200gt. For me as an OOW unlimited with 14 months sea time. Do I only need to sit the oral exam? I mean are there any other courses required before I can go skipper on a small craft?

Comment

dont think so

Comment

Hmm. I can't say for sure, but I have a mate who had an OOW and he did go for a master <200gt oral. Said it was basically OOW oral again.

Comment

Originally posted by Caimbeul View Post
            So for the captain < 200gt. For me as an OOW unlimited with 14 months sea time. Do I only need to sit the oral exam? I mean are there any other courses required before I can go skipper on a small craft?
            Whats the minimum seatime needed for to sit a Master <200gt?

Comment

Working...
            X