STCW Refreshers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STCW Refreshers

Time has come to refresh a couple of my STCW courses, was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for decent places that aren't going to break the bank? Company are paying eventually, but don't want to take the piss paying for Warsash!

Where've you all gone and would you recommend it?

I studied in Fleetwood and in all honesty couldn’t fault the offshore department! Accommodation is cheap, there are some okay hotels within 30 minute walk, 10 minute tram ride or 5 minute drive, can also stay on the campus.

Comment

Viking's Maritime Skills Academy in Dover is very popular, it's in walking distance to the harbour Premier Inn. Looks like in late October you can do a 4/5 day stint where they have PST, Basic and Advanced FF and PSCRB running. Looks around £850 if you book them separately but assume they have bulk discount.

Comment

Stream Maritime Training up in Glasgow at the Airport (and I think also somewhere in north of england) are fairly cheap and run the set of courses each week. I used them last time mine were up for renewal.

https://streammarinetraining.com
        “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

– Mark Twain
        myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Thanks! Had looked at Stream, think that's probably the way I'll go

Comment

I used Stream a couple of weeks ago. Generally very good!

Comment

Does anyone know if stream provide transport? Say you're saying at the airport hotels and you need to get to Greenock for the PSCRB course?

Comment

I believe they provide transport from their airport base to the greenock site - ask them as I don’t know if this is just for people who’s companies arranged it.
                “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

– Mark Twain
                myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Originally posted by alistairuk View Post
                  I believe they provide transport from their airport base to the greenock site - ask them as I don’t know if this is just for people who’s companies arranged it.
                  They weren't doing this a few weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                  X