Life Insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life Insurance

Anyone got any recommendations for life insurance providers?Merchant Navy appears to be a "high risk" occupation and I'm currently being quoted 60 quid a month which seems excessive!

Any advice?

When I was at sea I put mine as something like job role engineer and industry ferry service, and it was around £30 a month for good cover. Is there anyway you can “bend the truth” to not be a MN Officer? Mine is with beagle street or whatever they’re called if that helps. Definitely worth creatively changing your job title and playing like that though.

Comment

If it's the same as car insurance and there's a set list of industries and job titles for you to choose from, money saving expert have a page on their website that ranks these in order of risk so you can choose the lowest risk ones that still describe your work.

Comment

Originally posted by agibbs98 View Post
        When I was at sea I put mine as something like job role engineer and industry ferry service, and it was around £30 a month for good cover. Is there anyway you can “bend the truth” to not be a MN Officer? Mine is with beagle street or whatever they’re called if that helps. Definitely worth creatively changing your job title and playing like that though.
        Bending the truth on these sorts of things is a terrible Idea, it might bring your premiums down but if the worst does happen you can bet the insurance company will refuse to pay out because of your "bent truth". They won't be bothered about being compassionate, they are out to make money. You are essentially just donating the payments to the insurance company, but each to their own. Maybe im missing something.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshva View Post

Maybe im missing something.
          Maybe you missed the part where I said rather than MN Officer in the MN I put my role as Engineer in a Ferry Service. As an engineer with P&O Ferries I think they’d be hard pressed to prove me a liar on that. I’m now a mechanical engineer in a power station. The car insurance was weirdly high for that so I’m now a shift engineer working in the dairy industry for insurance purposes; I’m an engineer working shifts, and the facility is producing power on a dairy using dairy biogas. Technically correct and I’m saving £70.

I’m not telling anyone to lie, I’m telling people that if you play with your insurance quotes and change minor details to things which are still correct it can save you a lot of money for nothing.

Comment

Working...
          X