Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discharge Book Help

Hi Guys, Trust everyone is well?

Im after a little help with my Discharge Book please. To cut a long story short I've recently been made redundant by Svitzer and have decided to go back to college and complete my unlimited CoC's before looking for work again.

Basically I've all my sea service testimonials signed by the superintendents ashore and 23 entries in my Discharge Book for all the different tugs I've worked on over the last 3 years, however I haven't anything in the 'Signature of Master' box. As I was the Master I didn't want to sign the box myself, not knowing the proper procedure and over the last few years have neglected to address this and sort it out. The easiest solution would have been to get the guy I took over from to sign it but hardly ever saw them face to face.

Any suggestions or feedback for the proper way of doing this would be most appreciated.

Presume you could get someone from svitzer head office to sign it maybe?

Comment

Hi EH75. If this is an accepted practice yes that wouldn't be a problem. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Might be worth speaking to the MCA about what they'd accept. AFAIK it doesn't need to the the master who signs the discharge book, just someone holding a CoC (IE the mate, chief engineer, etc)
        Pointy bit is the front, blunt bit is the back... Simples!

Will work for money/sea time.

Comment

Your office will have an approved person to sign it. All of mine are signed by some HR lady...

Comment

Working...
          X