Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cadetship with survey vessels but want other vessels when i qualify??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cadetship with survey vessels but want other vessels when i qualify??

Hi, so im currently doing my cadetship with a well known british geo-survey company. Ive recently found out that their 2nd officers are at the bottom of the scale when it comes to pay . There are many reasons why i would like to work for a different company but despite my reasons, i would like to venture on out there to other companies when i qualify, possibly to a ferry company working on the irish sea or english channel. I understand this is a huge step and different work involved but is it possible to make this change ? And if so how does one go about it ?

Kind Regards.

Certainly possible, but easier once you have a bit of experience. If the survey company offer you a job then take it, build up the experience and apply for other jobs you are interested in as and when they come up. Much better to be looking for jobs when you already have one than sitting on the dole with no money!
    ??????
    Regarding ferries they regularly take temp people on through recruitment agencies (often advertised on LinkedIn) and these often become permenant thereafter. Greg Livermore at seamariner seems to be good for these things. I've never dealt with him myself but know people who have.

Comment

Certain well known british geo-survey companies also pay the best pensions and have the better benefits packages, so do your maths first. Remember ferries will also mean tax so take that into account too.
      Superyacht OOW
      SSTG Cadet 2015-2017
      Ex Royal Navy Navigator.

Comment

Working...
      X