Announcement

Collapse

SITE UPGRADE

We've just performed a major upgrade to the forum software. You may have noticed things look a bit different!

Please note that some features have yet to be reinstated, this will be done over the next few days. Attachments, pictures and signatures may not function as they should for the time being.

Thanks for your patience!
See more
See less

Orals Passed - Thank You

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orals Passed - Thank You

Hi All,

Although it has been a long time without a post, I'd like to say thank you to all who have helped me and my Warsash colleagues over the last three years! From Hatchorder facilitating my last minute interview in Jan 15 up to Mr Baxter's passyourorals.co.uk over the last few months and everything in between. Cheers!

Now the real hard work begins in finding a Job.

Snowy
    Superyacht OOW
    SSTG Cadet 2015-2017
    Ex Royal Navy Navigator.

Brilliant recall your lastminute.com interview was it that long ago! Time flies, good luck with the job hunt.

Comment

What he said!

Finally passed my orals today too! So now loose in the wide wide world! Not sure what the future holds for me yet, but at least I've done it. This point seemed a loooong way off when I first joined in 2013, looking for advice on getting a cadetship...

Comment

Thats great, congrats too! Known your journey from beginning to end too! Best of luck job hunting.

Comment

Cheers Midge, and well done Tom, finally!
          Superyacht OOW
          SSTG Cadet 2015-2017
          Ex Royal Navy Navigator.

Comment

Congrats to both of you.
            io parlo morse

Comment

What?

Did someone really let you two loose with a Coc?

FFS! It seems anyone can pass these days...

Congrats to the pair of you and good luck with the job hunting. I am so glad to see the pair of you got to the end and so obviously seem to be enjoying a life at sea. Snowy, if you are out of work you could always come and trim a couple of trees for me if you still remember! LOL.

Well done guys.

Ian.
              "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.

"Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

Well done! I remember you're original posts. Great to see someone make it to the end!

Comment

£100 a day for ground work, £150 if it needs climbing!

Been invited to submit a few CV's already so hopefully your greenhouse is safe for now Hatch
                  Superyacht OOW
                  SSTG Cadet 2015-2017
                  Ex Royal Navy Navigator.

Comment

And today someone gave me a job!

Three months searching and countless tailored CV's and CL's sent out, and it finally paid off. The system is still broken and I will continue to advocate for guaranteed employment post cadetships, but I might stop complaining for a while!
                    Superyacht OOW
                    SSTG Cadet 2015-2017
                    Ex Royal Navy Navigator.

Comment

congratulations on the new job

Comment

Well done - did you have to bung them much? When are you off to sea?

Brilliant news - pleased for you.

Ian
                        "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.

"Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

Working...
                        X