Nautilus Membership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nautilus Membership

I qualified a few months ago but realise i am still getting charged my Nautilaus student membership fee which to be honest we were pretty much coerced into taking. As employment seems highely unlikely at present is there a point in having it ?

My personal opinion is that Nautilus are an utter waste of space and a bunch of self serving tossers who don't give a stuff for their members and my advice would be to save your money, but others may have different experience with them.
    Go out, do stuff

Comment

I am thinking that myself Clanky. I was dubious when the rep came into the class. I just didnt know if there was any benefit in having this membership at all.

Comment

Cancel your Nautilus membership, they p*ss it up the wall "visiting" cruise ships. Join a general working union, such as Unite (if you want to pledge allegiance to Labour), much cheaper and will give you all the legal advice and representation you'll ever need.

Comment

Cut them turds loose!

Comment

Frankly they are hopeless and it's only really inertia that I'm still a member
            Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
            Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
            No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

I recently had a barny with the old man about shore leave and so I emailed them for advice. By the next morning I had a reply with the mgn linked that I needed. So far so good I just look at it as an insurance policy. I know many of my colleagues who have a low opinion.

Comment

I'm afraid I have to agree with those saying Nautilus are useless. I took out cadet membership and they were absolutely useless in helping me with a dispute I had with my sponsoring company, going so far as admitting that I was in the right but then didn't bother to back me.

Cancelled my membership and will never take another out with them

Comment

To weigh in - you're better of signing up with Nautical Institute - while not a union they do provide legal representation as well as a lovely informative monthly magazine - as opposed to that telegraph pile of ****e (I assume it still exists).

It's also cheaper (or was for MNI level) and gives access to discounts on various NI stuff. They do a whole bunch of other stuff too, but i'm sure you're capable of reading whats on their site
                  “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

– Mark Twain
                  myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Wouldn't give Nautilus a penny.

Comment

They helped me out as a cadet Vs sponsor.

Dont feel the Officer subscription fees are appropriately priced - very high!

Comment

Working...
                      X