ENG 1 Meaning?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENG 1 Meaning?

Does anyone know what ENG actually stands for regarding the medical? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Thanks in advance.
    "Knowledge is gained through experience and experience is just another name for our mistakes" - Albert Einstein/Oscar Wilde
    "Choose a career that you really enjoy and you will never have to work a single day in life."

Experience with Container, General Cargo and Cruise vessels.

Examination, Nautical (Naval?) Grade 1?

Comment

No idea, as the form is really called MSF 4104 known as ENG1. Legislation only says a medical cert and refers to MSN 1822 which has now been superceeded anyway to MSN 1839 which mentions forms at the end for doctors to complete. Have a search in there if you are really interested IP are you bored or are you creating a tie break for a quiz?

Comment

Engineering & Navigation Grade 1, I believe

Comment

What about FRE13? (Now labelled as MSF2004)

Comment

FREeboard. It's the declaration when you leave port to say you are not overloaded!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            If you can't laugh, you shouldn't have joined!!

Comment

Originally posted by Silvertop View Post
              FREeboard.
              13?

Comment

Originally posted by DeckOfficerWannabe View Post
                Engineering & Navigation Grade 1, I believe
                Where did you find this?
                "Knowledge is gained through experience and experience is just another name for our mistakes" - Albert Einstein/Oscar Wilde
                "Choose a career that you really enjoy and you will never have to work a single day in life."

Comment

Originally posted by Lewisscott22 View Post
                  Where did you find this?
                  Sorry mate can't seem to find my source, I did read it somewhere (I think in an M-Notice or Merchant Regs, can't remember I'm afraid) Just kept at the back of my mind for when someone asked!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    13?
                    Honestly, I don't know. Likely it was the next consecutive number for forms created for ships. The Official Log Book is LOG1, add 11 other forms in between and you get FRE13. Most of these no longer exist which is probably why all forms are getting renumbered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                    If you can't laugh, you shouldn't have joined!!

Comment

Originally posted by Silvertop View Post
                      The Official Log Book is LOG1,
                      With that bit of context, it makes more sense and fits into a system. I've only seen a real OLB at college, I'm fairly sure the RFA use their own version.

Comment

Found it. Don't ask how - the guy is a lawyer.

Examination of Nautical Grade 1.

Comment

Working...
                        X