Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cruise ships - Third engineer salary and terms?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruise ships - Third engineer salary and terms?

Hi all,

I'm ever so slightly fancying a job change but can't find any recent information on cruise ship wages.

Does anyone know what companies pay roughly which salary for 3Es/2Os? With roughly what trip lengths and perks at this rank?

Any reasons why being on a cruise ship as a third engineer is a bad idea? (I'm coming from Ferries so pax boat to pax boat.)

Thanks!

I remember seeing a 3rd engineer position with carnival UK last year on a salary 26-31K depending on experience.
    Phase 5 SPD engine cadet at city of Glasgow college. Doing a a combined motor and steam ticket.

Comment

I was with Princess as a third last year... It was about £3301 a month, paid onboard not at home, 4 months on 2 months off, worked out at about 26 grand!!

Do it if you wanna see a few hours worth of a lot of places and meet plenty of new and random people, but only if you don't burn your bridges with the ferries haha

Comment

That's better than I first thought. Might send them my CV on next leave.
        C

Comment

Yeah depend what you are after. Salaries as above but you will work more days per year than you do on the ferries I assume and have all the cruise ship politics to deal with. But yeah if you want to see a bit of the world and shag some dancers then go for it.

Comment

Working...
          X