Royal Caribbean are hiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royal Caribbean are hiring

I just saw an advert in the November edition of the Nautilus Telegraph for anyone who is interested.

10:10 leave ratio for the higher ranks which must mean 10 weeks on 10 off. 4:2 for the lower ranks.

Does anyone know their salary scale?
    Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Originally posted by chris View Post
    I just saw an advert in the November edition of the Nautilus Telegraph for anyone who is interested.

10:10 leave ratio for the higher ranks which must mean 10 weeks on 10 off. 4:2 for the lower ranks.

Does anyone know their salary scale?
    I posted this in another thread yesterday i believe, but here you go.

I know that RCL pay $5900 per month only when on board for there 2nd officers/3rd eng's, your rotation would be 4 on 2 off. Although when you reach 1st officer/2nd eng you salary doubles to apx $11500 per month on board... Although even though the job is the same as a 4th engineer on a tanker you need to have a 2nd engineers license or a chief mates license...

Their structure is as follows:- Captain --> Staff Captain --> Chief Officer safety --> 3x 1st officers (one navigation, one maintenance and one safety) --> 2x 2nd Officers

:- Chief Eng --> Chief Jr --> 1st Eng --> 4x 2nd's Eng's (power plant, boiler, purifier, environmental) 3x 3rd eng's

Hope this helps, I was a cadet with this company but decided to join tankers instead.

For ETO i am not sure but the lowest rank i saw was 2nd electrician and this was the same as 2nd engineer.

All this being said i have not sailed with them since June 2013 so this could have changed.

EDIT: Salary is the same no matter what nationality you are.

Ta,

J.
    "My Job"

It's not my place to run the boat
    the fog horn I can't blow.

It's not my place to say just where
    the boat's allowed to go

It's not my right to dock the boat
    or even clang the bell

But let the damn thing
    start to sink AND SEE WHO CATCHES HELL!

Comment

FYI 2nd Officers on the deck side do 14 week on/14 off not 4 months/2months as stated above.

Comment

Is this the same for 3rd eng as well then?
        "My Job"

It's not my place to run the boat
        the fog horn I can't blow.

It's not my place to say just where
        the boat's allowed to go

It's not my right to dock the boat
        or even clang the bell

But let the damn thing
        start to sink AND SEE WHO CATCHES HELL!

Comment

@ex-urnu, which unit? I joined SouthAmpton when I came to Warsash

Comment

Do RCL pay you when you're on leave, or just when you're on ship? ie salary over 12 months of the year
            Anglo-Eastern Cadet sponsored by DAO Shipping. I also like steam engines.

Comment

The advert indicated pay was just while onboard.

So $5900 for 8 months of the year in the case of the 4:2 leave ratio. $47200 a year. That would be $3933 a month as conventional 12 month salary.
              Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

For Engineers the 3rd officer position is relatively new and its a 4 on 2 off rotation, I had a conversation with the head of Marine operations during my sea phase and he said there was no plans to put 2nd officers on this leave rotation and they were staying on 14 weeks on 14 weeks off. Pay is whilst onboard only and is in cash!!

p.s. ex yorkshire urnu!

Comment

I heard Disney are hiring, does anyone have any experience saluting Mickey Mouse or not ?

Wages, rotation, working hours, working atmosphere etc etc ?

Comment

Working...
                  X