Disney cruise line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney cruise line

Anyone have any info on Disney Cruise Line, what are they like to work for what are the ships like, how do they compare to other cruise companies etc?

They seem to be recruiting quite regularly and offer 12 weeks on/8 off which is better than the other companies offer.

Originally posted by thatwillbenice View Post
    Anyone have any info on Disney Cruise Line, what are they like to work for what are the ships like, how do they compare to other cruise companies etc?

They seem to be recruiting quite regularly and offer 12 weeks on/8 off which is better than the other companies offer.
    Tis a Mickey Mouse job mate....

(Is that my taxi outside? I'll just get my coat....)
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

They have 4 ships and use video skype interviews although there might also be a face to face interview in London. They offered me a salary higher than the Carnival group of cruise lines but there were quite a few things that put me off the company culture.
      Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
        They have 4 ships and use video skype interviews although there might also be a face to face interview in London. They offered me a salary higher than the Carnival group of cruise lines but there were quite a few things that put me off the company culture.
        The uniform is a bit mickey mouse too...

io parlo morse

Comment

I had a telephone interview with them and decided that it wasn't for me based on some of the questions they asked which seemed to be taken fron "How to Conduct Interviews for a Soulless Corporation - 1982 edition"
          Go out, do stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Clanky View Post
            I had a telephone interview with them and decided that it wasn't for me based on some of the questions they asked which seemed to be taken fron "How to Conduct Interviews for a Soulless Corporation - 1982 edition"
            Oi! Away with your sensible posts! We're telling Disney Jokes here!

What does Daisy Duck say whilst buying Lippy on board?

"put it on my bill...."

(No, wasn't my taxi. I'd best wait outside though)
            I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Interested to hear more about people's opinions of Disney, I've sailed with a few ex Disney officers who said life onboard was very restrictive and controlled.

Comment

Hi there!
                I'm the new girl on the block i spose, could use a bit of advice/past experiences from you guys
                I applied for a deck cadetship with clyde marine and had my interview back in January. A few weeks later they sent me a sort of holding letter and I hadn't heard much, if anything since...Until a few days ago they rang me to let me know Disney had been in the office and picked out my application for an interview! Super excited as I'm a total disney geek (Even though it means travelling across the country to Newcastle from Dorset but sooo worth it!)
                What I'd really like to know is what the interview involves? is it similar to the Clyde interview or more about the disney ideal?
                If any of you have been through this process or are with Disney at the moment id really appreciate some advice and tips!
                Also if anyone else will be at the same interview at south tyneside on 14th august I'd love to hear from ya
                Thanks in advance <3

Comment

Yes, I interviewed for a qualified officer role and was thinking of posting on your first thread but I don't think I have anything relevant to tell you for a cadet interview. But in general.

Like the other cruise cadet ship interviews, they are trying to check you understand the lifestyle onboard, that while you can maybe go in passenger areas, you are there to work which can be quite frustrating when the band/dancers/shoppies/shore ex/ other hotel people are out drinking to 4am.
                  Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

I think Disney are probably pretty good, but the ships are run by HR managers by all accounts.
                    Disney is also very fierce on the 'brand' so expect pretty intense BS.
                    Probably no better or worse than most big cruise ships companies and if your coming from a big cruise ship company unless they are offering you a huge difference in pay or conditions I would not expect a massive difference, although having said that I think moral there is probably a little better than it is in a certain large UK based cruise ship company...
                    Cruise ship Captain with experience on-board Passenger Vessels ranging from 5500-150000 GRT.

Comment

I can second that. I came from the hotel side of cruise ships and now being on the deck side I find it quite frustrating and difficult to adjust to the fact that I just simply cannot have that same lifestyle. The social side of being on a cruise ship which makes the experience what it is, is heavily affected by being in this department. That being said - no BS from passengers and I have been onboard for well over a week now. Swings and roundabouts.

Originally posted by chris View Post
                      Yes, I interviewed for a qualified officer role and was thinking of posting on your first thread but I don't think I have anything relevant to tell you for a cadet interview. But in general.

Like the other cruise cadet ship interviews, they are trying to check you understand the lifestyle onboard, that while you can maybe go in passenger areas, you are there to work which can be quite frustrating when the band/dancers/shoppies/shore ex/ other hotel people are out drinking to 4am.

Comment

Great thanks for all the info.
                        ive read up on the Disney jobs website and watched all the videos where there any key questions you can remember from your interviews for your respective roles? Just have no idea what to expect.

Comment

Sorry, all technical questions for me. I spent all 3 interviews (2 skype and one in person) trying to get some details of the role, they were so secretive.

Comment

Working...
                          X