Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mate/first officer interview

Hi

can anyone help regarding what kind of questions would be asked at interview for mate

cheers

It would probably help to know what sector / company, also what CoC do you have at present as this can often make a difference to how the interview questions are pitched
    Pilotage - It's just a controlled allision

Comment

Originally posted by Pilot Chris View Post
      It would probably help to know what sector / company, also what CoC do you have at present as this can often make a difference to how the interview questions are pitched

Its with calmac. I currently have a CoC chief mates unlimited.

Any help would be great

Comment

I would suggest learning as much about the company as possible and try and throw in any knowledge into the interview (routes / expansion plans / company history)

Either put across your knowledge of roro / ropax / pax vessels or if you don't have any experience do some research on it and emphasise you learn quickly as shown in my previous role etc

With those sort of chief mate positions good character fit and the ability to lead western crews are essential so show how strong your character is but equally how you get along well and communicate well.

The usual, early, well dressed, keen, ask a few relevant questions are obviously a no brainer!

Good luck
        Pilotage - It's just a controlled allision

Comment

Originally posted by Pilot Chris View Post
          I would suggest learning as much about the company as possible and try and throw in any knowledge into the interview (routes / expansion plans / company history)

Either put across your knowledge of roro / ropax / pax vessels or if you don't have any experience do some research on it and emphasise you learn quickly as shown in my previous role etc

With those sort of chief mate positions good character fit and the ability to lead western crews are essential so show how strong your character is but equally how you get along well and communicate well.

The usual, early, well dressed, keen, ask a few relevant questions are obviously a no brainer!

Good luck

Thanks have good company knowledge and previous experience on pax ships. Just wasn't sure what to focus on for interview.

Will let you know how it goes cheers :-)

Comment

Working...
          X