Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2/O Eng vacancy TH

http://www.trinityhouse.co.uk/careers/vacancies/

Minor correction.......it's 2nd Engineer not 2nd Officer.........
    Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
    Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
    No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Originally posted by Chiefy View Post
      Minor correction.......it's 2nd Engineer not 2nd Officer.........
      Whoopsie not an expert !

Comment

One does window licking and maps, the other shouts at people and fixes stuff, as a general rule
        Trust me I'm a Chief.

No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Comment

http://www.trinityhouse.co.uk/career...officer_1.html One deck 2/O also

Comment

yes that came up this morning Midge MUST work for them
            Trust me I'm a Chief.

Comment

yes that came up this morning Midge MUST work for them
              Nope, but I like lighthouses and they post these things on their FB page, maybe the link wasnt upto date. I just share them, I copied their heading so not completely responsible, so there is a window wiping map reading 2nd officer and a 2nd lover of spanners and all things oily, and a part time admin job for pen pushers!

Comment

aweeeeee.........no fun though I cant imagine lighthouse spotting is a competative sport ;p
                Trust me I'm a Chief.

Comment

aweeeeee.........no fun though I cant imagine lighthouse spotting is a competative sport ;p
                  Must be busy at TH there's a seaman job too. Also posted is a video of buoy maintenance my they are busy on FB.
                  I would love to live in a lighthouse great views!
                  Aside from lighthouse spotting if a 3rd moves up into a 2 job maybe there will be jobs for thirds going in the future... At least it's British not many of those going.

Comment

They're all unmanned now aren't they? You'll have to buy one if you want to live in it

Comment

over time there is promotion, but it is almost dead mans shoes..............
                      Trust me I'm a Chief.

Comment

Originally posted by HarmlessWeasel View Post
                        They're all unmanned now aren't they? You'll have to buy one if you want to live in it
                        Think you are right, they do come up for sale now and again. Get rid of the hangers on and hubby and I can find a lighthouse, no corners for the dust it can just swirl about, bliss!
                        There are a few you can rent, Landmark Trust have some interesting places, not just lighthouses.

Comment

Corbiere light house would be handy??
                          Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
                            Corbiere light house would be handy??
                            Wouldn't it just! Petit Plemont if it was big would be great. Always the German obs tower at Corbiere to rent bit - Err concrete though.
                            Fort Clonque Alderney is fantastic to stay in. You can stay in the keepers cottages at Mannez fab lighthouse that one, so dark there and just watch the light go round, I do love that place! Casquets if it were easy to get to or you had a Heli.
                            Presume the twins on Brechou don't fancy that, they have most of Sark!

Comment

The Barclay brothers
                              Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

Working...
                              X