Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruitment for Fourth Engineer

Hi
    I have got my class iv COC in Dec 12 and waiting since then to join vessel. I gone through many companies in India but no one is taking fresh fourth engineer. Could senior officers here can please tell me companies which are recruiting fresh IV engineers. I will be highly obliged.

Originally posted by danger70 View Post
    Hi
    I have got my class iv COC in Dec 12 and waiting since then to join vessel. I gone through many companies in India but no one is taking fresh fourth engineer. Could senior officers here can please tell me companies which are recruiting fresh IV engineers. I will be highly obliged.
    Where are India are you based? If you're near Mumbai then there are a number of crewing and manning agents around there that should be able to assist you.

Try Bibby's, ASP, V.Ships, Bernhard Schulte, etc
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Actually Sir, I went to all these companies but they just don't entertain without any recommendation or something. I stayed in Mumbai around two weeks but nothing happened.

Comment

Actually Sir, I went to all these companies but they just don't entertain without any recommendation or something. I stayed in Mumbai around two weeks but nothing happened.
        If you've done your cadetship period then surely you should have copies of your testimonials/appraisals from the senior officers on board and that is usually enough. There will be another reason why they haven't got back to you because recommendations won't be it. What were your test scores when you went to their offices to apply?

Comment

NO Sir, actually they didn't even let me give interview or tests. They just let me fill forms and told me if there will be anything then they will inform.

Comment

NO Sir, actually they didn't even let me give interview or tests. They just let me fill forms and told me if there will be anything then they will inform.
            What nationality CoC do you hold? What qualifications do you hold because I know for a fact that Bibbys and V.Ships do the Marlin's and competency tests straight away with everyone.

Comment

Anglo Eastern are usually recruiting Indian officers:

http://www.angloeasterngroup.com/job...India&jobid=20

Looks like they are currently looking for a junior engineer as well! Also TPM hire lots of Indian officers, all the Indians in my company are hired by them as crewing agent:

http://www.tanker.com.sg/officer_crew.aspx

Without wanting to sound xenophobic, you might have better luck on a forum geared towards Indian seafarers? Most of the 'hunting for a job' posts here are from people trying to find a company which doesn't hire Indians and gives Brits a chance!
              Linkedin

Comment

Originally posted by tlloyd1983 View Post
                Anglo Eastern are usually recruiting Indian officers:

http://www.angloeasterngroup.com/job...India&jobid=20

Looks like they are currently looking for a junior engineer as well! Also TPM hire lots of Indian officers, all the Indians in my company are hired by them as crewing agent:

http://www.tanker.com.sg/officer_crew.aspx

Without wanting to sound xenophobic, you might have better luck on a forum geared towards Indian seafarers? Most of the 'hunting for a job' posts here are from people trying to find a company which doesn't hire Indians and gives Brits a chance!
                I'd actually keep clear of Anglo-Eastern for the moment. They're having a few issues.

We've advised him on the best folks to talk to over in Mumbai. I don't believe that the problems he is facing is down to them. Very little else we can assist him with, but he is welcome to hang about the forum and contribute.

Comment

Quite. My post looks a bit malicious looking at it now, but no malice intended!
                  Linkedin

Comment

Originally posted by tlloyd1983 View Post
                    Quite. My post looks a bit malicious looking at it now, but no malice intended!
                    Whilst I was thinking about it, there may be some issues with Tanker Pacific as well as they were having issues due to breaking the Iranian sanctions by selling the "Raffles Park" on to the Iranians...

Comment

First of all thank you very much for giving your valuabe comment... @guiness man .. sir i hold indian coc and i have done marine engineering from DMET (if you know)...

Comment

First of all thank you very much for giving your valuabe comment... @guiness man .. sir i hold indian coc and i have done marine engineering from DMET (if you know)...
                        Then you shouldn't have a problem with the Manning Agents. Which ones, exactly, have you been to?

Comment

ASP, MSI, DOLE, Doehle Danautic, Bibby, Fleet Management and many more...

Comment

ASP, MSI, DOLE, Doehle Danautic, Bibby, Fleet Management and many more...
                            Try V.Ships and CF Sharp. They're pretty good.

Comment

ok sir... will do the same..

Comment

Working...
                              X