Covid vacancies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Covid vacancies?

I've recently seen alot of references made on LinkedIn to the fact that with the current situation regarding COVID, there will now be more vacancies for British officers.

I don't want to be seen to be trying to benefit off the back of a pandemic but can anyone speak to how true this is? I'm a newly qualified deck officer myself holding a COC unlimited and absolutely itching to get that first trip done.

Thanks

I 've seen a fair few of vacancies around for UK based crew right now. Speaking to people at sea working stand by and supply vessel there being told that their trips are being extended.

Comment

Unlikely as they’re currently unable to embark or disembark seafarers in pretty much all countries, result being people having to extend on ship and others stuck at home for the foreseeable future (in many cases without pay).

Sad to say but I reckon this will make it worse for all walks of life when it comes to finding jobs for the foreseeable future - who knows how many companies are going to fold as a result - especially if it goes on till after the summer.
      “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

– Mark Twain
      myBlog | @alistairuk | flickr | youtube Views and opinions expressed are those of myself and not representative of any employer or other associated party.

Comment

Originally posted by alistairuk View Post
        Unlikely as they’re currently unable to embark or disembark seafarers in pretty much all countries, result being people having to extend on ship and others stuck at home for the foreseeable future (in many cases without pay).

Sad to say but I reckon this will make it worse for all walks of life when it comes to finding jobs for the foreseeable future - who knows how many companies are going to fold as a result - especially if it goes on till after the summer.
        While that might be true for the offshore industry abroad due to the travel restrictions, I still see plenty of North Sea based job advertisements for various ranks on LinkedIn from the usual recruitment agencies.

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys, bleak times maybe. Anyone that could further offer any advice or guidance regarding offshore and supply?

Unfortunately I don't have a DP ticket, but would love advice in that regard. I am somewhat fortunate to have an Oil DCE if that helps.

Comment

Working...
          X