Teekay LNG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teekay LNG

I see Teekay advertising quite regularly for all ranks.

Does anyone work for them or know of people who work for them and are able to shed some light on terms and conditions, life on board, quality of ships etc. Basically anything you would want to know before applying for a job.

3 months on, 2 months off. 22 days for every 30 worked to be exact. Decent conditions on board. Good gyms, PS4s, plenty DVDs, TV in most cabins, etc. Competitive wages. Medical cover when at home. Priority pass card for airport lounges. Can still get a beer on board if you like. I would get an application in quick if you're going to apply as they have just received their last new build and they now have the officer numbers they need.

Comment

Originally posted by gl3483 View Post
      3 months on, 2 months off. 22 days for every 30 worked to be exact. Decent conditions on board. Good gyms, PS4s, plenty DVDs, TV in most cabins, etc. Competitive wages. Medical cover when at home. Priority pass card for airport lounges. Can still get a beer on board if you like. I would get an application in quick if you're going to apply as they have just received their last new build and they now have the officer numbers they need.
      Paints a particularly rosey picture.

In short..

3E and 3O starting salary is 3/2 £36000 annum for UK seafarers, €36k for Irish. Contract is 90 days +- 30
      and they love to use that 30. Contract stipulates your leave is two months of which you must be ready to travel 14 days before this expires or they’ll consider if a breach of contract.

Additionally 2E/2O is a little shy of £3900 a month, with the jump to chief mate and 1E being approx £6000 a month.

Conditions on their yamal, arctic fleet, resulted in a number of complaints from those onboard. Ultimately the office made seniors 2:2 all year round and juniors 2:1.5 during heavy ice, roughly six months of the year. No additional pay unlike other companies operating in the region, this despite the harsh conditions which are actually bleak.

like most companies, conditions onboard are dependant on the crew, particularly the master. For example if the master doesn’t care about the food, it’ll be crap and it usually is. Unfortunately individuals watch the ships budget like their own and it really shows at times. In regards to welfare I wouldn’t bank on new consoles and TVs being standard, this is certainly not the case and asking to get one using the welfare is an arduous task.

Relatively low number of British officers but steadily growing, mostly juniors. You’ll find an abundance of Russians in their yamal fleet of six ships, other than that it consists mostly of Croatians, Malaysians, Indians and Filipinos. It’s the most diverse musterlist I’ve personally seen when it comes to nationalities.

Shore side it’s ran particularly sternly and to quote a prominent individual in their office ‘they aren’t running the company on popular opinion’ so make of that what you will. Upside is that it’s expanding so there’s lots of opportunity at sea and ashore, but the rate of expansion shows in the quality of individuals you see in certain positions.

Comment

Originally posted by g22 View Post

3E and 3O starting salary is 3/2 £36000 annum for UK seafarers, €36k for Irish. Contract is 90 days +- 30
        and they love to use that 30. Contract stipulates your leave is two months of which you must be ready to travel 14 days before this expires or they’ll consider if a breach of contract.

Additionally 2E/2O is a little shy of £3900 a month, with the jump to chief mate and 1E being approx £6000 a month.

36k per annum would be 5k per month for 3o/3e while at sea on 3/2 rotation. This company pays same amount when at home? So 2o receives 3.9k 12 months a year?

Comment

Originally posted by Krists View Post

36k per annum would be 5k per month for 3o/3e while at sea on 3/2 rotation. This company pays same amount when at home? So 2o receives 3.9k 12 months a year?
          Salary is paid all year round. So for 3E/O it’s 3000 a month minus pension, 6%

Comment

Salary is paid all year round. So for 3E/O it’s 3000 a month minus pension, 6%
            Out of interest, do you know the likelihood of them accepting recently qualified 4/E's from other oil/gas companies such as BP? My cadetship was purely on oil tankers, but managed to get my basic gas DCE if that makes any difference.

Currently stuck between a rock and a hard place with them at the moment, newly qualified and can't get a trip due to a) the lockdown and b) their fleet reductions.

Comment

Originally posted by groot View Post

Out of interest, do you know the likelihood of them accepting recently qualified 4/E's from other oil/gas companies such as BP? My cadetship was purely on oil tankers, but managed to get my basic gas DCE if that makes any difference.

Currently stuck between a rock and a hard place with them at the moment, newly qualified and can't get a trip due to a) the lockdown and b) their fleet reductions.
              Try, faststream is littered with advertisements.

Comment

Paints a particularly rosey picture.

In short..

Conditions on their yamal, arctic fleet, resulted in a number of complaints from those onboard. Ultimately the office made seniors 2:2 all year round and juniors 2:1.5 during heavy ice, roughly six months of the year. No additional pay unlike other companies operating in the region, this despite the harsh conditions which are actually bleak.

like most companies, conditions onboard are dependant on the crew, particularly the master. For example if the master doesn’t care about the food, it’ll be crap and it usually is. Unfortunately individuals watch the ships budget like their own and it really shows at times. In regards to welfare I wouldn’t bank on new consoles and TVs being standard, this is certainly not the case and asking to get one using the welfare is an arduous task.

Relatively low number of British officers but steadily growing, mostly juniors. You’ll find an abundance of Russians in their yamal fleet of six ships, other than that it consists mostly of Croatians, Malaysians, Indians and Filipinos. It’s the most diverse musterlist I’ve personally seen when it comes to nationalities.

Shore side it’s ran particularly sternly and to quote a prominent individual in their office ‘they aren’t running the company on popular opinion’ so make of that what you will. Upside is that it’s expanding so there’s lots of opportunity at sea and ashore, but the rate of expansion shows in the quality of individuals you see in certain positions.
                Sorry, what do the ratios 2:2 and 2:1.5 mean here?

Comment

Originally posted by Bodie View Post

Sorry, what do the ratios 2:2 and 2:1.5 mean here?
                  It's the work:leave ratio, E.g. 2:2 means 2 months on ship earns you 2 months of leave at home, 2:1.5 means 2 months on ship earns you 1.5 months at home etc.

Comment

Working...
                  X