Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manning Agencies

Hi all,

I have searched for an answer but not found it. Simple question, I work offshore and think I might fancy a change of company / job, is it okay to sign up for multiple manning agencies and say no if you want to if offered something? will they get sick of you? Is it acceptable? does it cost? any help appreciated.,

As far as I’m aware you can join as many as possible, they don’t care if you say no as they’ll have another person lined up most likely. You 100% do not pay anything, if you find one that does it is a scam. The hiring company pays the agency handsomely and their profit comes that end, there are however scam agencies now preying on desperate (usually non-Western) officers.

Seamariner is a good agency, I cannot recommend anything else through lack of knowledge using them. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by agibbs98 View Post
      As far as I’m aware you can join as many as possible, they don’t care if you say no as they’ll have another person lined up most likely. You 100% do not pay anything, if you find one that does it is a scam. The hiring company pays the agency handsomely and their profit comes that end, there are however scam agencies now preying on desperate (usually non-Western) officers.

Seamariner is a good agency, I cannot recommend anything else through lack of knowledge using them. Good luck!
      Thank you. I have been looking at them already but I wasn't quite sure how it worked as I really am in two minds about whether I want a move yet, but I'd like the option to get stuff sent to me.

Comment

Any one else got any other suggestions? How are Vcrew and WRS?

Comment

The ones that I have dealt with are Genesis Personnel, Seamariner and Clyde Recruitment. All three really good - had a bad feeling about Clyde after a rather rocky CMT cadetship but they are a different company and really very good.

I know one person who got work through VCrew and seemed happy enough, however I submitted all the documents they wanted, followed up with a 'hello' email and didn't hear a peep. Same from VCrew which is annoying more than anything else.

As for saying "no", I've done it plenty of times - it's always typical that as soon as you start working on a job the offers start coming in and as soon as you finish, it all dries up! Nobody takes umbridge at it.

Comment

Working...
          X