Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply for P&O Ferries

Hey,

I was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to where to apply for a Deck Cadetship with P&O Ferries. I'm interested in them as I've heard that they're one of the best to go for at the minute due to high chance of a job at the end and solid training.
    Any other sponsoring companies that are good to go for at 16 would also be great to hear about!

Cheers

Hi, as far as I know the way to apply to p&o ferries is through SSTG, although I doubt you'll find a sponsorship with them at this stage of the year, definitely not for september, maybe for January? But the way to apply to them is through SSTG

Comment

Yeah, I wasn’t really looking to do it in 2019. Thanks!

Comment

Their training is organised through SSTG and you should make it clear at your interview (if you're lucky enough to get one) that your main interest is ferries, and have a good reason for it (bad reasons: not money/job prospects/being close to home. Good reasons: quality of training, working for a strong British brand, interested in cross channel busy navigation or intense engineering on machines which run 24/7 unlike many other kinds of vessels). P&O Ferries are one of the biggest cadet recruiters in the country and there is nothing to say you can't get a spot with them in September. A few years ago I applied in July and started in September with them.

Other good companies for career prospects, although I'm unsure if your age is a barrier for some: Carnival UK, Pritchard Gordon Tankers, Stena Ferries.

Good luck, feel free to PM me any questions about P&O Ferries as I trained and worked for them for a good few years.

Comment

Originally posted by agibbs98 View Post
          Their training is organised through SSTG and you should make it clear at your interview (if you're lucky enough to get one) that your main interest is ferries, and have a good reason for it (bad reasons: not money/job prospects/being close to home. Good reasons: quality of training, working for a strong British brand, interested in cross channel busy navigation or intense engineering on machines which run 24/7 unlike many other kinds of vessels). P&O Ferries are one of the biggest cadet recruiters in the country and there is nothing to say you can't get a spot with them in September. A few years ago I applied in July and started in September with them.

Other good companies for career prospects, although I'm unsure if your age is a barrier for some: Carnival UK, Pritchard Gordon Tankers, Stena Ferries.

Good luck, feel free to PM me any questions about P&O Ferries as I trained and worked for them for a good few years.
          Thanks, that was really helpful. I might take you up on messaging you later if that’s okay!

Comment

Working...
          X