Pay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pay

Are most engineers only paid for their time at sea, eg if you did 4 months on 2 months off you’re only paid for 4 months?

Very hard to generalise, some officers are paid onboard only some are all year, also some companies start you off as a junior officer as pay onboard and then move you to salary for higher ranks.

Short answer - no majority are on same conditions you need to check each company’s conditions.
    Pilotage - It's just a controlled allision

Comment

Depends on the company and type of ship. For example I'm a 3rd engineer with a scientific research comapany and I get salaried so get paid every month regardless. Where as my friend who is a 3rd engineer with NCL only gets paid on board doing a 4/2 rotation.

Comment

It tends to work out that if you’re only paid onboard your monthly salary is higher and equals what your annually paid colleagues earn. With RCCL the monthly salary equates to the average yearly salary, as you’re only paid onboard but it’s a higher monthly wage than normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Pilot Chris View Post
          Very hard to generalise, some officers are paid onboard only some are all year, also some companies start you off as a junior officer as pay onboard and then move you to salary for higher ranks.

Short answer - no majority are on same conditions you need to check each company’s conditions.
          Crickey I haven't seen you around in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob44 View Post
            Crickey I haven't seen you around in a while.
            Ha I have been just lurking recently!
            Pilotage - It's just a controlled allision

Comment

Working...
            X