hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: hello!

From my pre interview research I think you can split the role into two I expect nemo has a more definitive answer

Traditional Engine + Electrics HND route work on all types of ships except cruise Engine tasks and testing gmdss batteries etc

Pure electro FD route cruise ships maintenance and repair of electrical generators through to fixing the lifts and disco lights

I'm hoping to get exposure to both worlds with the Trinity scholarship, although I'm not keen on engines I think a lot of the offshore DP ship / survey ship ETO roles expect some engine knowledge
    Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

Carole! Excellent to hear you got in. I'm Colin, the Scottish guy that was at the same assesment day as you...!

Will catch you in Southampton on the 26/27th, then at college for the next few years!

Comment

Originally posted by coldo
        Carole! Excellent to hear you got in. I'm Colin, the Scottish guy that was at the same assesment day as you...!

Will catch you in Southampton on the 26/27th, then at college for the next few years!
        Hey Colin! Well done for getting in!!! I'm so glad that there's someone with the same sort of level of electrical experience as me lol Yeah I'll see you in Southampton and at South Tyneside!

Comment

Originally posted by chris
          I wouldn't worry, I think that happens quite a lot.

I've got a bit of previous experience, I quite enjoyed electronics at school (Design and Technology) and I did my work experience in an electrical engineering firm then I went off track and studied towards working in the finance industry, I'm now changing career back to where I should probably have worked in the first place (though the pure Electro course didn't exist then, and I'm not really into engines)
          I was the same! Despite enjoying physics at school, in particular the electrical topics, I didn't think to take it further. Now I'm back-tracking to what I probably should have done in the first place..good to know I'm not the only one!

Comment

Working...
          X