Hello from RFA Cadet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from RFA Cadet

Hi everybody, I am currently waiting to start with the RFA in September at BRNC, if anyone can give me the low down on what happens after BRNC for September starters would much appreciate any info, RFA recruitment can't tell me where I will go upon completion?! Cheers.

Hello and welcome to OfficerCadet.com.

We have a few RFA folks on here who I am sure will be able to answer your queries shortly.
    Go out, do stuff

Comment

Welcome! Love the name

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

Originally posted by size4riggerboots View Post
        Love the name
        Same!

Hello and welcome...
        I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Welcome!
          "Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out" ~ John Wooden

Deck Cadet on Product Tankers.

Comment

Now then, I'm pretty sure I can help you with all your questions: I started BRNC last September. I've written blog posts about the BRNC RFA course and other things and will shortly be adding a 'phase one at nautical college' post. Feel free to PM me or we can keep it in here so others can read it, I'm fine with either.

But to answer your initial question: you'll go to Fleetwood Nautical Campus (I am of course presuming that you're starting a cadetship with the RFA and aren't already qualified) UPDATE: I note you're going the SE route. You'll be off to Warsash I believe and that's where my input stops as currently all other RFA cadets go to Fleetwood).
            'Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans'

Comment

That's where it gets even stranger as allegedly RFA are now also sending to South Tyneside College for SE Training, which will be alot better for me as I live nowhere near the South Coast. Also just found out today that the September intake this year has had the start delayed until late October, if you weren't already looking forward to Dartmoor this has to be a motivational plus, as ABLE will now take place early December Woo-hoo!!

Comment

It doesn't really matter when ABLE happens, it'll be what you make of it whatever the weather
                'Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans'

Comment

Hi Blondie, many thanks for previous input, am hoping that you can help with another query- any ideas where to purchase SE Officer Cadet epaulettes, the ones with the diamond in the centre of the gold and green stripes? Apparently these have to be purchased prior to joining Britannia, but I can't seem to find a supplier online- other than Clyde Marine but they only do the non graduate ones without the diamond. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Try Baun & Co, Portsmouth. They normally cater quite well for RFA, though SE Cadets are a new thing. Google for details, their website has disappeared.

They'll probably stitch something up for you if they don't have them in stock.

Comment

Working...
                    X