Another Newb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Newb

Hello all, I'm one of those newbies now after lurking around the site for a few weeks I've finally taken the plunge!

A little bit about me, I'm currently a technician at Yamaha Motor Uk's head office working on a multitude of different products......as long as its got a Yamaha logo on it. I'm passionate about engines ... and I'm desperate for a career which can constantly challenge me and will allow me to progress. I never thought about joining the shipping industry, if i'm honest I didn't think these sort of opportunities where there for the taking until I met a few people who work on the cruise ships.
    I'm probably older than the usual aspiring cadet at 25 but I'm still keen to get myself into the industry, with experience on engines I'm hoping this will give me an edge when applying. Who knows.

Any tips, suggestions etc would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Em

Nothing much to say apart from welcome and there are loads of people who start cadetships at 25 or older so age won't be a problem and with related experience like that I'm sure you will be in with a good chance. Sooner you apply the sooner you'll find out!

Comment

Welcome, don't worry about age. Good luck in your search for a sponsor!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm thrilled to hear that being 25+ shouldn't hinder me with looking for a sponsor. Lets get those application forms sent off!

Comment

So after well over a year since I joined the forum I have secured a cadetship for the September 2015 intake. I just wanted to say thank you to all those that I spoke to during that time, offering advice, support etc. this site really is an awesome place.

Thanks again.

Comment

Congratulations! Who is your sponsor?

Comment

Originally posted by ELJarman View Post
              So after well over a year since I joined the forum I have secured a cadetship for the September 2015 intake. I just wanted to say thank you to all those that I spoke to during that time, offering advice, support etc. this site really is an awesome place.

Thanks again.

io parlo morse

Comment

Thanks BP

Comment

Working...
                X