Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who am I?

Good Morning All,

My name is Richard ones and I have been at sea some 39 1/2 yrs and am currently Master on Chevron's somewhat ageing shuttle tanker Aberdeen.

I started at sea with BP Tankers and followed a conventional career path until Dec 1983 when I moved into the North Sea area which is effectively where I've been since in either the Merchant Navy of the offshore oil and gas industry.

I have lived in Scotland (30 miles from Aberdeen) for the last 14 years with my wife, Kate and our two sons who both go to school in Aberdeen.

Regards

Ricard

Welcome along. Glad you could make it
    Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
    Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
    No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Bloody Hell! Someone older than me and who had to do 24 months seatime to get their first ticket! Welcome.....

I was only in my third year of a cadetship in late 83 when you moved into the North Sea, just about to do a trip on the Oil Harrier.

You are very welcome here, after all you have made me feel younger already. Just a word of warning, there are a few idiots about, and that is just the moderators!

Ian
      "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
      "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatchorder View Post
        Just a word of warning, there are a few idiots about, and that is just the moderators!

Ian
        Reporting as ordered!

Welcome to the forum, look forward to hearing more from you.
        Go out, do stuff

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Hello and welcome...

(ps, I'm not an idiot, I only do stupid things now and then)
            I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by GuinnessMan View Post
              Hello and welcome...

(ps, I'm not an idiot, I only do stupid things now and then)
              Be honest - more now than then.......

I count myself in the idiots. This morning I made a phone call that was really important. Got some information and wrote it down. Took a phone call from someone else straight after, turned the paper over and wrote some comments down. When I had finished the second phone call realised I did not need the notes I had taken so shredded the piece of paper. Then spend 10 minutes trying to piece together said piece of paper.... (Like trying to make a puzzle out of a box of cornflakes!)

Had to ring first Company again to tell them what I had done! DOH!

Ian
              "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
              "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Working...
                X