Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello People,

Just dropping a quick Hello to everyone on here, I just joined yesterday. I am 25 years old and craving the idea of becoming a Marine engineering officer. I will be using this forum for help and advice on joining a cadetship program and the best companies to choose aswell as guidance on anything else with regards to life at sea. I have no work experience with life at sea I am new graduated in Biomedical Science but looking keenly on becoming an Engineer Officer. Any advice always welcome.

Many Thanks,

Aslan

'
    Life teaches us to make good use of time & time teaches us the value of life'
    ''Life teaches us to make good use of time & time teaches us the value of life''

Welcome to the forum, hope you find it useful.
    Go out, do stuff

Comment

Hi there,

My name is Aslan, I am 25 years old I currently work in retail (Graduate). I have suddenly had an epiphany that I would love to work at Sea. I have no experience other than Sea fishing which I've done from a young age with my Uncle. I am looking to gain some insight and guidance on how to become a Cadet Engineer Officer.
      Quite frankly I am tired of the same old 9-8 retail routine, I want challenges both mentally and physically. I believe working at Sea will be a great opportunity to explore my potential.
      Last Friday I rang Carnival UK group and spoke to the Fleet training manager who immediately told me to email him both my CV and Covering letter. I later received an email from him stating this:

'Hi Aslan,

I forwarded your details to my admin team to put you in the list for an assessment day. They should be in touch shortly.

Kind Regards'

I am very enthusiastic and keen on becoming a marine engineer officer, I am yet to
      receive a date for my assessment day.
      I wanted to ask you more about this assessment day, such as: criteria, expectation and also tests and anything else you deem necessary for my preparation.
      I look forward to your reply

Many Thanks,

Aslan
      ''Life teaches us to make good use of time & time teaches us the value of life''

Comment

Working...
      X