Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Everyone!

Hey there everyone!

I have been accepted by SSTG for January 2011 intake but I do like to keep my options open. I had a phone call from Carnival UK the other day asking me to attend an assessment day this MONDAY!!!....apparently there is a higher level GCSE maths test which i havent done for over 7 years!! AAAHHH..

I have also applied to RFA and am hoping I get accepted by them! Either way I will be starting Officer cadet training soon and have absolutely NO idea which college to go to?

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Vix

Ps. I've searched the forums for information on the ENG-1 Medical and found it very useful!! Thanks! :-)

Re: Hey Everyone!

Hi Vix,

Welcome!

sigpic
    Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at christopher.doyle@officercadet.com.

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Hi Vix, welcome!

You probably won't get a choice where you get sent, each training provider gets allocted a certain number of places at the colleges for each intake and they fill them up, I think they try and put you in the one closest to where you live, but if you're last in (like I was) you get put wherever there's a space left.

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

When did you start your app for the RFA? You may be too late for the oct/nov RFA intake at BRNC (which then is a Jan 2011 start at college). I sent off my application for the RFA at the end of December last year and only got accepted last week, so be prepared for that.

But good luck!

Comment

Hey Kayak,

Wow!! The RFA take their time then?! Well done for being accepted!!......They recieved my application Monday just gone so it looks like I won't be starting in Oct/Nov (if i get in)!

thank you all for your messages!

Comment

Yeah well its because the process you go through is pretty similar to the Royal Navy officers. After they have processed your app, you then have to wait for a date to do the RT (Psychometric testing) at your local AFCO (I had mine about mid feb). Then once you've passed that, you have to wait for a date to attend Admiralty Interview Board at HMS Sultan for 2 and a half days, which mine was at the end of May. These get booked up long in advance, so its you can expect to be waiting a fair few months for it. You will need the time though to keep up to date with RFA and Naval ops and get all the practice and preparation done for it, as it is NOT easy.

You might want to give this'n a read.
            http://www.toysoutofthepram.com/forum/v ... f=26&t=573

Comment

Working...
            X