An Overdue Introduction!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Overdue Introduction!

Hi all, since I've been posting on this forum for the best part of a year now I figured its about time I introduced myself. My name's Chris and I'm a 27 year old lad originally from Plymouth and currently living just outside of Portsmouth. This week I got an offer from CMT for the FD deck course so, ENG1 permitting, I'll be at Warsash (a whole 10 minutes drive from my current address) from next January. Time to get back down to fighting weight and wipe the dust and cobwebs off my dog-eared and coffee-stained copy of 'a seaman's pocket-book guide to the international regulations of preventing collisions at sea' methinks!

Also so a big thank-you to the admins and other fine folks/folkettes who make up the OC community. This forum has been extremely helpful in both deciding whether or not this career was something I wanted to aim for and in securing an increasingly fiercely contested training contract. Thanks again and looking forward to being part of the profession.

Welcome Chris from another Chris!

Good luck and enjoy Warsash!
    Pilotage - It's just a controlled allision

Comment

Are we having a Chris conference? Brilliant!

Join the Jan 2014 Facebook group if you haven't already!
      sigpic
      Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Feck me, too many Chris's about this place.

Hi, I'm Bob....
        I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

My names Chris and I'm an alcoholic it's been 2 minutes since my last drink.... Oops wrong group!
          Pilotage - It's just a controlled allision

Comment

Oh flippin' 'eck! Don't tell me I've gone and picked yet another industry to work in where every other person in it is called Chris!

Comment

Originally posted by All At Sea View Post
              Oh flippin' 'eck! Don't tell me I've gone and picked yet another industry to work in where every other person in it is called Chris!
              Well I'm Bob, so no....
              I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Working...
              X