Hello all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all!

Just a quick note to introduce myself. I'm a 30 year old aspiring cadet. I love the articles here and the forum. Thanks for the content guys!

Welcome to the forum, it's nice to see more and more older cadets joining the industry, I have sailed with a few cadets who had a little bit of life experience before going to sea and was always impressed with what they brought to the job.

Do you have any technical / mechanical experience already or is this a completely new step for you?
    Go out, do stuff

Comment

I did 2.5 years in the royal signals as a trainee technician. Never got the chance to finish my trade training. I have a hnd in computing but I can't afford to go on to finish the degree as I can't give up working.

It's almost impossible to get a job in IT without a degree.

Seems like a cadetship is a great way to get paid to train, then almost guaranteed a great job afterwards.

Comment

With that background you might want to think about training as an electro-technical officer, particularly if you fancy working on cruise ships. Either way, let us know how you get on.
        Go out, do stuff

Comment

Hey there, we've already spoken on another forum - just thought I'd give you a wave in here too :-)
          'Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans'

Comment

Belated welcome!!!
            sigpic
            Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Working...
            X