Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sparrow
    replied
    Hi guys, sorry about the delay in replying, it's been quite a busy week. Thanks for the welcome and the help!

Sam

Leave a comment:

• HarmlessWeasel
    replied
    Originally posted by Hatchorder View Post
    Oiiii - I resemble those remarks -
    That's the point isn't it?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Leave a comment:

• bridgemonkey
    replied
    Originally posted by Hatchorder View Post
    Hope you have a hard hat and a bullet proof vest!
    A permit to work might be a good idea as well

Leave a comment:

• Hatchorder
    replied
    Oiiii - I resemble those remarks - but they are true!

Private message on it's way to you. Hope you have a hard hat and a bullet proof vest!

Ian

Leave a comment:

• HarmlessWeasel
    replied
    Hi Sam,

I can second that advice. I was in the same situation as you before Christmas. Just make sure you read the CV thread and the Interview Tips thread as a basis so he doesn't have to repeat everything on there. Basically help him help you.

I can also confirm that he can be very blunt, but everything is deserved and fair and not at all mean, quite the opposite, in fact

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Leave a comment:

• size4riggerboots
    replied
    Welcome Sam! I suggest you get in touch with Hatchorder, he's very good at CVs and will give you sound advice. (He will also be blunt about it!)

Leave a comment:

• sparrow
    started a topic Hello

Hello

Hi Everyone,

My name's Sam and I'm currently applying for deck officer cadetships. My main reason for joining the forum is that I know absolutely nobody from the Merchant Navy, and I thought it might be a good idea to get an idea of what the job actually involves, rather than what colleges and companies say it does on their brochures - the anonymous forum's been very helpful with that!

I would also really appreciate some help with fine tuning my CV for the sea, so if anyone has the time?

Chat to you all soon,

Sam.
Working...
X