X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction - Carnival UK

Hi Guys

I hope you are all well?

Just wanted to briefly introduce myself - My name is Bryan and I have recently joined Carnival UK as one of the Fleet Resourcing Advisors responsible for resourcing across the Marine & Technical departments onboard our vessels. I will be predominantly responsible for the recruitment of all Deck positions, ranging from 3rd Officers/Junior Officers of the Watch, 1st and 2nd Officers and above across both P&O and Cunard brands.

If anyone would like to introduce themselves or have any questions about recruitment here at Carnival, please do not hesitate to let me know. Please note, if you would like to submit any formal applications please visit our careers site below.

https://www.jobtrain.co.uk/carnival/default.aspx

I am currently looking to recruit a number of 3rd Officers to join our fleet in the next few months (details can be found on the careers site above) and would be keen to hear from any soon to be or recently qualified cadets.

I hope to hear from some of you soon.

Many Thanks

Bryan

Hello Bryan and welcome!

Definitely recommend that anyone interested takes the opportunity to ask questions and introduce yourselves to Bryan.

Any visitors who'd like to use the private message feature, just click register up at the top of the page. It only takes a minute!
    sigpic
    Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at christopher.doyle@officercadet.com.

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Hi Bryan, thanks for doing this. I applied for a Deck Officer cadetship with Carnival last week. I'm aware that it is quite late in the year, so is it reasonable to assume that I have missed intake for September/January coming?

Also, what is Carnival policy on tattoos among Deck Officers? I have a tattoo on my inner right forearm (that would be visible in a short sleeved shirt) that I misguidedly got just after my 18th birthday. Would this exclude me from a Deck Officer position with your company?

Thanks again.

Comment

Hi Snecko

With regards to intake for September we have reached our limit im afraid. I have spoken to the Cadet Team and can confirm we still have positions available for January (Deck & Engine) intake.

Unfortunately the tattoo would make you ineligible. Tattoos that are visible in uniform (short sleeved tops and shorts) are not acceptable I’m afraid, particularly in our Deck positions.

Good luck with your applications.

Kind Regards

Bryan

Comment

That's what I thought, ah well. Possibly a trip to the laser man in my near future.

Thanks anyway for the response!

Comment

Hi Bryan, thanks for doing this.

I'm currently a phase 3 cadet studying at a maritime academy and have been very interested in a career with Carnival. As with a lot of academies, who use sponsors to pay for the training and in return generally employ the cadets as officers when they qualify, I am in a unusual situation where my company does not employ me at the end. I have always seeked a position with Carnival as I aspire the cruise side of the merchant navy. I will be sitting my oral exams in Mid/Late 2014 and would much appreciate an opportunity to work with Carnival.

Many thanks, Simon

Comment

Welcome to the forum Bryan, its great for you to connect with potential applicants like this through the forum.

Comment

Hello and welcome, good to see companies having an official presence on here.

Now get whoever it is that employs senior engineers to pop in and say hello!
                Go out, do stuff

Comment

Out of curiosity, what rotation is Carnival UK offering in the various ranks now, thats quite important to a lot of potential candidates now.

Comment

Hi Simon

Thank you for the message and interest in Carnival UK. Youre right, slightly unusual situation to be in... we would be keen to hear from you once you have completed your studies and are fully qualified. As mentioned we are recruiting at the moment and are likely to be moving forward (periodically) so please stay in touch and keep an eye out on the Carnival UK careers site.

If you have any questions or concerns please let me know.

Regards

Bryan

Comment

Thanks Clanky!

Ill have a chat with them. If you are actively looking for new opportunities, feel free to pop me an email with an overview of your background/cv and i can pass it on to the team.

Regards

Bryan
                      bryan.barnes@carnivalukgroup.com

Comment

For the first 12 months of service rotations are 12 weeks on/6 weeks off (243 days). Once a having completed a year with us you will have the option to continue on that rotation or change to a 12 weeks on/12 weeks off (200 days). Please note the change is reflected in your pay.

Hope that helps!

Regards

Bryan

Comment

Hi Bryan,

I am a PD Deck Officer cadet in my final sea phase looking to complete my training and obtain my COC in June 2014. The prospect of Carnival UK recruiting 3rd Officers with such a lucrative package appeals to me greatly. Are the positions available only to applicants already holding the necessary qualifications or would it be possible to apply before obtaining my license. Also are you looking to recruit officers much sooner than June 2014?

Any reply would be fantastic

Many Thanks

Steven

Comment

Good day Bryan.

I'm a deck cadet with my oral examinations in about 2 weeks time and have just a couple of questions, if you wouldn't mind.

Would it be better to wait the two weeks to send in an application post-orals, or is it a case of sooner the better?

Also, I know you probably don't have figures for this but; upon sending an application, roughly how long a period should be expected before an interview takes place if the CV etc is found satisfactory?

Thanks and regards,
                            Robert

Comment

Thanks Bryan,

The second part of my post was pretty tongue in cheek really.

Having started my time as a junior officer on cruise ships and swearing never to go back, I recently sailed as staff chief and then chief on cruise ships and am now quite happy earning the same salary as second on an anchor handling tug!

Originally posted by CarnivalUKCareers View Post
                              Thanks Clanky!

Ill have a chat with them. If you are actively looking for new opportunities, feel free to pop me an email with an overview of your background/cv and i can pass it on to the team.

Regards

Bryan
                              bryan.barnes@carnivalukgroup.com
                              Go out, do stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X