Hello from jedi22 aka BPC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from jedi22 aka BPC

Hi, some of you have already commented on my work and myself for that matter on here before. I need little introducing other than to say please feel free to PM me and I will endeavour to answer any questions you may have. I do public appearances and am willing to be challenged face to face on anything I have written. In deed I have done so many times before. Controversy is good, just getting slagged off online is not only cowardly but unproductive. Happy days Sailors who knows you may well bump into me at sea.

[snip] OfficerCadet.com is not the place to advertise. Please read our rules. [/snip]
    Last edited by CharlieDelta; 24 April 2013, 06:28 AM.

Sorry who are you?

Comment

Originally posted by gadget123 View Post
      Sorry who are you?
      Phil Campion

Comment

ohh are you the guy that killed a pirate with a fridge? Or was that someone else?

Comment

Originally posted by gadget123 View Post
          ohh are you the guy that killed a pirate with a fridge? Or was that someone else?
          Dont think anyone was killed but yes I threw a fridge at a pirate skiff from the bridge wing. It was enough to deter the attack and the crew who were in the citadel all escaped uninsured.

Comment

Originally posted by jedi22 View Post
            Dont think anyone was killed but yes I threw a fridge at a pirate skiff from the bridge wing. It was enough to deter the attack and the crew who were in the citadel all escaped uninsured.
            The crew were uninsured??

Sounds like a strange company there, can afford private security but not insurance.

Comment

To be honest Phil, we are seafarers who face the challenges and perils on a daily basis as a routine part of our job, most of us without any defence training and with much legislation against us. When possible we are afforded the confort of professionals to come onboard and assist whilst transitting high risk areas. The biggest fear is having trigger happy cowboys on, and admitedly the media articles about you have shown you in that light. I like a team of professional people, properly trained who can quietly get on with the job and raise any issues professionally.
              I have met protection teams who have been arrogant and over excited, and fail to appreciate that they remain under the authority of the Captain, as any action taken by them is ultimately his responsibility and he will be the one answering in a court of law.

Whilst you sell books with your anecdotes and stories, you have to forgive us for being sceptical.

I primarily work in piracy areas, and use military protection who are very professional to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by jedi22 View Post
                Hi, some of you have already commented on my work and myself for that matter on here before. I need little introducing other than to say please feel free to PM me and I will endeavour to answer any questions you may have. I do public appearances and am willing to be challenged face to face on anything I have written. In deed I have done so many times before. Controversy is good, just getting slagged off online is not only cowardly but unproductive. Happy days Sailors who knows you may well bump into me at sea.

Killing Range is out soon and you can pre order on Amazon now.
                No disrespect intended here, but since that article came out in the Times, you've probably been discussed over a whole bucket load of forums.

As YM said, we are a little skeptical...
                I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

I have no idea who/what you are , do you work at sea?...

Comment

He's someone who obviously has nothing better to do than google his own name.

Comment

Originally posted by Polaris View Post
                      I did that, we didn't come up...
                      I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Phil, in the initial interview, which sparked the thread on here, you came across as a bit of a (*tries to think of a polite term*), arrogant, self important, fantasist. Whether or not that is the case, only you will know, but I think it's fair to say that no-one here was particularly impressed with your tales of derring do.

What exactly did you think you were going to achieve by coming on here and starting this thread, did you think that we were all suddenly going to think that we were wrong in being sceptical?

If you are searching the internet to find stories about yourself then you seem to have issues with your own self image that would be better served by seeking some professional help than by parading yourself on the internet.
                        Go out, do stuff

Comment

I really am lost for words! surely this is a wind up... no one surely would be that up themselves.... I am sure many people on this forum have done so much more for this world and said far less about it!
                          Pilotage - It's just a controlled allision

Comment

Originally posted by Clanky View Post
                            What exactly did you think you were going to achieve by coming on here and starting this thread, did you think that we were all suddenly going to think that we were wrong in being sceptical?
                            He hoped some of us might buy his new book.

Originally posted by Polaris View Post
                            Have you never done that?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                              He hoped some of us might buy his new book.

Have you never done that?
                              I share my name with a well known footballer in the 80s so it doesn't work well for me haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X