hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Jake,

As far as I'm aware Clyde look for general current affair knowledge. As in what's the top three stories on BBC news. (Never been to a CMT interview though so don't quote me on that!)

For a bit of an idea of what's going on in the MN, got to https://www.nautilusint.org/ and read the current issue of the Nautilus Telegraph. The links's about half way down on the left hand side.

Hope that helps!
    sigpic
    Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieDelta View Post
      Hi Jake,

As far as I'm aware Clyde look for general current affair knowledge. As in what's the top three stories on BBC news. (Never been to a CMT interview though so don't quote me on that!)

For a bit of an idea of what's going on in the MN, got to https://www.nautilusint.org/ and read the current issue of the Nautilus Telegraph. The links's about half way down on the left hand side.

Hope that helps!
      Aye, they're just after any big sailing news that has appeared recently like Carnival Triumph, the Majesty, etc... (Don't say Costa Concordia, it's a wee bit old now)
      I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by GuinnessMan View Post
        Aye, they're just after any big sailing news that has appeared recently like Carnival Triumph, the Majesty, etc... (Don't say Costa Concordia, it's a wee bit old now)
        at my interview they just said 'anything other than football'. Of course, my mind immediately went blank apart from football related news...

Comment

Haha cheers and ill have a look on that website

Comment

Originally posted by HarmlessWeasel View Post
            at my interview they just said 'anything other than football'. Of course, my mind immediately went blank apart from football related news...
            Haha the exact same thing happened to me! The question threw me and my mind just gave up "Nope, I've had enough, no news stories for you!" He had to point out to me that the Concordia had just recently sunk....

Comment

Originally posted by YaBute View Post
              Haha the exact same thing happened to me! The question threw me and my mind just gave up "Nope, I've had enough, no news stories for you!" He had to point out to me that the Concordia had just recently sunk....
              Ouch, I managed to stumble off something about the RUF 100, but despite having read the paper that morning on the train to the interview, I completely forgot that they'd confirmed the finding of Richard III's remains that very morning. Duh...

Comment

When I had my interview (bear in mind it was almost 3 and a half years ago), they didn't ask for any maritime related news story. Just anything big that was in general news lately. I'm pretty sure my answer was about the BA strike...
                "Did I tell you about my theory about sailors? Sailors are the finest people in the world."

Comment

Went for my interview today, it went quite well apart from some trouble getting they're! The interviewer was very helpful and quickly put me at ease. The interview itself was basically a test with a point system with how well I answered the questions. I was asked questions about the different type of boats,clyde marine training itself, the merchant navy and why I wanted to join the merchant navy in the first place. I was also asked questions such as dangers what can happen to the ships, and current news story's. I was told I'd hear back from them in the next couple of days so fingers crossed!

Comment

Just received a email they're saying I've been accepted , I'm over the moon!

Comment

Originally posted by jakestack96 View Post
                      Just received a email they're saying I've been accepted , I'm over the moon!
                      Congrats! Now make sure you get the grades

Comment

Haha that's it!

Comment

Working...
                        X