Alright?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright?

Hey I'm Jordo, just recently dropped out of school, now working with a local company and then in September I'm leaving to go to Glasgow to start my cadet ship with Clyde Marine. Very, very excited for it all haha! If any of use have any information or experience of Glasgow college or CMT it would be very appreciated, thanks.

Hi Jordo and welcome!

Being nosey here - why did you drop out? I'm guessing you dropped out of A-levels not GCSEs?

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

Yeah that's correct, dropped out of my highers. Well basically I thought if I can get in with what I've got and definitely want to do it and not have a mid life career change why should I still be in school when I absolutely hate it and do something I enjoy and get paid for it (a job).

Comment

why should I still be in school when I absolutely hate it
        Just be aware that there is some heavy academics on the course, it's not all jollying around on ships!
        Expect a lot of Math (Stability, Navigation), and a lot of lectures (Law, Operations), and the pass mark for most is 65%!
        Good luck!
        Linkedin

Comment

Originally posted by Jordo View Post
          why should I still be in school when I absolutely hate it
          Nautical college is like school, not like university or FE/HE college. If school isn't for you, nautical college may not be either.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
            Nautical college is like school, not like university or FE/HE college. If school isn't for you, nautical college may not be either.
            No, no, no! You don't understand this town and the people in it are all so depressing, undermining, degrading, nasty, gossipy, intolerable, it's horrible. And I know that the rest of the world isn't like that. It feels like schools been dragging on forever, I just need something new. I can work hard and study. Proving so in my last year doing my GCSE's.

I'm actually quite looking forward to the maths in the course, probably my strongest subject. And I had been enjoying the higher maths I was doing before I left, passed all outcomes in the first two NABs.

Comment

Working...
            X