Hey there!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey there!

Hi there, My names Martin and I'm looking to become a Engineering Officer within the Merchant Navy. I've got a few engineering qualifications and an interview with Clyde Marine coming up so it's all looking good. I've been working in car insurance over the last year and a half and I hated it. Wanted to make use of my qualifications and get on the sea. I'm 20 now and from Wales, thought it was time to make a lifelong career.

Martin,

Welcome to the mad house.

As an ex deckie I will be of little use to you except to welcome you and offer help and advice for your CV and interview techniques and to advise you to use the search function before asking questions as most of them have been asked before and you can find the answers in here somewhere.

Wait a short while, and one of the gingerbeers will be along to grunt at you, once they have remembered their password and read the instructions their mum wrote out for them to log back on. As to whether you will be able to read what they write - that is just luck, depending on who it is, and how much meths they drank last night!

I'm in the mood for a fight this morning!

Ian
    "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
    "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

Working...
    X