Howdy Guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy Guys

Well, found this place whilst doing the old job hunting, so thought I would say hello.

Graduated from GCNS (or City of Glasgow rubbish they are trying to change the name to!) in July, sat and passed Oral start of August as an Engineer.

I served my seatime with Knutsen, who regrettably do not take British Cadets on as Officers currently, hence the job hunting. (And yes, I have served on the Yacht Killer, though not actually at the time the yacht tried to commit suicide That pleasure was my clasmates!)

So, hello to you all!!

Edit?
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Hey,

GM was it one of their ships that had the interesting moment with a yacht in southampton water last summer, or was that another one.

I really dont understand it having been mate and skipper of big comerical yachts for years how people can create so much hassle for big ships, they are rather big its even in the name 'big' ships. submarines on the other hand grrrrrrrrr
      you can take it with a pinch of salt, but i prefer it with a nip of whisky

Comment

Originally posted by ETwhat? View Post
        Hey,

GM was it one of their ships that had the interesting moment with a yacht in southampton water last summer, or was that another one.

I really dont understand it having been mate and skipper of big comerical yachts for years how people can create so much hassle for big ships, they are rather big its even in the name 'big' ships. submarines on the other hand grrrrrrrrr
        Ah right, Cowes week! I remember now and I do believe we have a thread somewhere about it. Bloody WAFI's, how do you miss an bright orange VLCC?
        I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

I dont know how did the Costa concordia miss (or not miss) an island, like thats even on the chart
          you can take it with a pinch of salt, but i prefer it with a nip of whisky

Comment

Aye, I heard they are planning on knocking the place down, not before time either. They have made a right mess up what with the merger etc, though I think it may well be finally being sorted.

And yes, it was the Hanne that had the incident at Cowes.

Comment

Working...
            X