Hello again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello again

Sorry to say I'm not actually new here but is has been a while since I last used the site, and with new computers and e-mail addresses I'm afraid to say I lost the details of my previous account and so have decided it's more convenient for me to just create a new one with the login details I use regularly elsewhere.

Name's Sasha, 18, I'm a deck cadet for TUI and I'm currently studying at Fleetwood.

I know you're all a friendly bunch so I'm just sticking around from now on to join in with general chat and advice.

cheers!

Welcome back!

Now go and sit at that desk over there and write out a hundred times "I will not forget my login". If you were an Engineer Cadet we would just have given you a crayon and asked you to colour in a picture and stay inside the lines!

Ian.
    "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
    "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatchorder View Post
      Welcome back!

Now go and sit at that desk over there and write out a hundred times "I will not forget my login".

Ian.

aye aye sir!

I'll not forget this one since I actually use the e-mail associated with it on a regular basis :')

Comment

edit
        I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by GuinnessMan View Post
          Surely you could have just asked the mod to reset the password, alter the login, etc....
          Are you just trying to cause the Mods to work... tut tut.

It is a good idea though.

Comment

Originally posted by Faust View Post
            Are you just trying to cause the Mods to work... tut tut.

It is a good idea though.
            Considering most of the mods are deckies, it would be a first for them to do some work....
            I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by GuinnessMan View Post
              Considering most of the mods are deckies, it would be a first for them to do some work....
              I keep voting - Guinnessman for Mod! Guinnessman for Mod! Guinnessman for Mod!

It might stop him picking his nose!
              "Any damn fool can navigate the world sober. It takes a really good sailor to do it drunk." - Sir Francis Chichester.
              "Waves are not measured in feet or inches, they are measured in increments of fear." - Buzzy Trent

"Careers at Sea" Ambassador - Experience of General Cargo, Combo ships, Tanker, Product Carrier, Gas Carrier, Ro-Ro, Reefer Container, Anchor Handlers.

Comment

I think it would be easier for the mod to just delete my old account

Comment

I am not sure they can. When I have Modded other forums you can lock an account but to delete it you had to delete all the posts and then threads did not read right. Just ask them to block/ban it.

Ian

Comment

good idea. So Ian, what vessels did you work on?

Comment

*Has to look at Discharge book to jog memory*

I did my cadetship with Ocean Fleets. Made up of Elder Dempsters and Blue Funnel Line they had fingers in many consortiums such as OIL, Barber Lines, OCL and Cory's. My first voyage was on the Patroclus, an old Glen Line ship. General Cargo ship full of character boasting a Stulken Heavy Lift Derrick, liquid latex tanks, tween decks and McGregor hatch covers. Then did trips on Combi Ships, Tanker, Gas Carrier, Reefer Container Ship (OCL Ship), Ro-Ro (Barber Lines) and Anchor Handlers. Made redundant at the end of my cadetship I then joined Maersk UK where I served on tankers and Anchor Handlers in the North Sea. Had the pleasure of doing 6 months at Ascension Island where we did all sorts of stuff for the MOD like refuel 2 Navy ships, 1 RFA ship and a submarine all at the same time whilst cross decking munitions! (and the displeasure of numerous trips to the Falklands). Never did bulkers or cruise ships *shudders* and I think the only class of ship I did not do that Ocean owned was the Helenus - a car carrier.

Ian

Comment

Working...
                      X