Clyde Marine -STC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clyde Marine -STC

Hello there, has anyone had an interview with Clyde at STC and been accepted? I've been offered the position and recently passed my ENG1 and sent my American visa, British seamen card and discharge book backto Clyde for them to sort out. Has anyone done this and if so what happens next and when do we find out our starting date? Also what happens with the halls of residence, do Clyde sort all that out for us or do we have to organise it ourselves?

Hi Simon, I cant answer your questions but I was hoping you could answer mine as I have my interview for Clyde at STC tomorrow. Did you find out immediately that you had got the cadetship or did you have to wait for them to contact, if so how long did you wait?
    Many Thanks
    COTB
    "Riches don't make a man rich, they only make him busier" Christopher Columbus

Comment

Hey, I had my interview in May and after the interview she said they would be in touch in 3 weeks and exactly 3 weeks after my interview I got a letter through saying I've been offered the cadetship.
      Do you live locally? And good luck with yOur interview

Comment

What i want to know is if STC/Clyde are having an induction week? Everywhere else seems to have them

Comment

Yeah I live in a little place called Bishop Auckland, just south of Durham. Thanks, I need all the luck I can get but my fingers are crossed.
          "Riches don't make a man rich, they only make him busier" Christopher Columbus

Comment

I know, ivevread that other companies at STC are having an induction week but have not heard anything about it from clyde. And to cotb ohh right, I live in Hartlepool just north of Middlesbrough.

Comment

dunno if it helps, but i am going STC and just been told i start on the 10th (FD ETO), i have read how ever normally the first week is a "induction" week just so you get to know the place and dont start straight away on the hard work So dont wrry about a induction it will probably just be integrated into the start week!

Comment

Oh right that makes things a little more clearer. Would make sense to do it like that. Thanks a lot

Comment

I am not sure about the situation at STC as I am currently a Clyde Marine Engineering cadet at the Glasgow Nautical College on the FD Course but I thought I would fill you in on how my first week went back in January.

Went over to the College for 9:00am and attended a meeting where we met our Course Leader and were handed out various forms to fill in. We then went straight into a 'Normal' timetable of Lectures. We were pretty much thrown in at the deep end, there was a little of assumed prior knowledge especially in Maths for Engineering 1 but overall the courses in my first term were fairly simple. Any further questions and I will be glad to help.
                  Newly qualified Officer #ClubMember

Comment

Thanks, suppose time will tell and sooner or later we'll aallfind out. I'm currently revising navigational maths and finding out pretty much the basics of everything so I have knowledge of most things so hopefully it will be easier.

Comment

Working...
                    X