Hello everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone!

Heya guys! I'm Luke and I'm an aspiring Deck Cadet! It's been my dream now since I was around 10 years old to work on a CRUISE SHIP as an officer!
    I ABSOLUTELY LOVE cruising and it's the best feeling ever of traveling the world! Who else agrees?!
    My dream sponsors would be Carnival or Princess because I've been on their ships many times!

A bit of background info on myself, I'm 17 years old and studying at Sixth Form College
    I'll be looking to apply to sponsors next year, near the end of my A levels !

Any advise would be very much appreciated!

And also thank-you very much to the creators of this website for helping me follow my dreams!

*Sigh* (four pints now Ducki), hello and welcome...
    I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Rock-Hyland View Post
      I ABSOLUTELY LOVE cruising and it's the best feeling ever of traveling the world! Who else agrees?!
      Hi Luke and welcome. Just remember that things are a liiiiittle different when you're crew. You'll see lots of pretty coastlines from the bridge wings. Any particular cruise line you fancy working for?

Anyway you are very welcome, please do have a thoroughly good browse of old threads and make use of the search function to find many opinions that have already been stated (ad-infinitum) on various subjects. And of course, don't be afraid to ask questions, there are no silly questions, only silly answers (not that we'd ever be silly......no not us) You may find yourself directed to a thread by some kind person or other, where the question you have raised has been raised, probed, flogged and put to bed by general consensus, (Gods forbid we ever have to go through the great mini-fridge debate of 2010 again!) but please don't take offense, it's just that in cases like that, there's nothing more that can be said on that subject!

I'll warn you now that there are a lot of people here who have strong opinions on people who want to work on cruise ships for the glamorous lifestyle and fancy pants uniforms. I work on a cruise ship, and I assure you, it's nothing like that!!!! No matter what sector of the shipping industry you go into, expect a lot of hard work and be prepared to get dirty. In the end, you get out what you put in.

Good luck and happy posting! S4

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

Working...
      X