Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Engine Cadet Here! :)

Hey there!!

I'm Kirsty, 20 and as of Septemeber this year i'll be an Engine Cadet with Maersk. Hiyaa!

Anyone else going to be joining me? And whats everyone else doing and with what companies?

x
    Hell, I am young. I am free. My teeth are clean. The sun shines. To hell with everything else.
    -Stephen Fry

Hi Kirsty!

Great to see you on the forum, do you know which college you're heading to?

Keep us updated! The forum database can answer pretty much any question you have. We've been about for two years and have heard them all!

Chris
    sigpic
    Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Not yet, although when i was asked what college i would like to go to in my interview i said South Tyneside!

I got my ENG1 medical certificate today, and next on my list is the C1/D visa, any info on how much that costs and how i can go about applying?

Kirsty
      Hell, I am young. I am free. My teeth are clean. The sun shines. To hell with everything else.
      -Stephen Fry

Comment

Hello! Welcome!

(One more engineer for the revolution!)
        I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Info here: http://london.usembassy.gov/cdvisas.html

The company will need to send you some details about what to write where and they'll need to send you a letter to show the embassy. Fee is USD$140, plus travel to embassy, plus photos, plus mandatory courier fee to get your passport back. All should be repaid by the company.

There's generally no rush though!
          sigpic
          Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Comment

Ha! Thank you!

So whats your story?
            -Stephen Fry

Comment

It's a long one! Haha.

Phase three (nearly phase four, woo!) deck cadet with Carnival. Ex-flight attendant. Current forum-running-type-person. Warsash.

Actually, not that long!!
              sigpic

Comment

Are we going to turn this into a seafarer's anonymous?

Hello, my name's GM and I'm an Engineer...
                I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Awesome! And how has it been?! I'm looking forward to starting, September can't come quick enough!!
                  -Stephen Fry

Comment

All great so far. Need to fix my blog link, think it's working at http://www.officercadet.com/charliedelta at the minute. Needs serious updating!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Aww hey Kirsty, I'm the exact same as you, well except I'm 19 but yeah another female engine cadet with Maersk! Guess I'll be seeing you at this outward bound thing in July eh Well done on being accepted! I don't know where I'll be going, I just said anywhere but Glasgow. Ahh I can't wait!!

Comment

Think most Maersk engineers go to Tyneside or Warsash so you should be sorted.

Heard good things about Maersk's induction weekend, you should have a good time!
                        sigpic

Comment

Aw right ok. They did say at the interview that they were going to start sending more cadets to Glasgow.
                          I saw pictures from last years induction, looks pretty good!

Comment

I will add my 2p as I might be able to answer more questions phase 1 engineer cadet with maersk at south shields
                            Be what you want to be not what other people tell you to be
                            Adapt and over come
                            Careers At Sea Ambassador

Comment

Originally posted by thegeneralspecific View Post
                              Aw right ok. They did say at the interview that they were going to start sending more cadets to Glasgow.
                              I saw pictures from last years induction, looks pretty good!
                              I thought they'd stoppped sending folk there because it was "didn't meet their standards" i.e it was pish. The induction thing is great, lovely bit of the world and a good way to get to know who's gonna be on your course.

Comment

Working...
                              X