Sayin folks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sayin folks

Hi my name is Ross Shields and I live in the far northern highlands of Scotland. I am currently going through the interview stages for various companies. I have been offered the position I want with Maersk, which I have accepted and have just joined to hear of experiences and other peoples views.

Cheers
    Ross

i'm from up there myself, near Tain. Seeing as you're with Maersk you could always have a read of this http://www.menkent.dk/allgals.html

Comment

Originally posted by mak View Post
      i'm from up there myself, near Tain. Seeing as you're with Maersk you could always have a read of this http://www.menkent.dk/allgals.html
      Interesting how that guy is deck and engine qualified is that still possible?

Comment

If you're Danish or Dutch
        Former TH cadet with experience of cruise ships, buoy tenders, research ships and oil tankers

Comment

however hot anymore, Maersk pulled support / funding for Dual cadets,only Shell left as far as I can make out
          Trust me I'm a Chief.

Views expressed by me are mine and mine alone.
          Yes I work for the big blue canoe company.
          No I do not report things from here to them as they are quite able to come and read this stuff for themselves.

Twitter:- @DeeChief

Comment

Originally posted by mak View Post
            Best place to be is the highlands haha. Cheers for the link had a look, looks a good source of info.

Yeh Dual Purpose Officer, not much anymore though.

Comment

What collage you going to mr shields

Comment

Not sure yet Mr Lambert, hopefully know soon will let you know, wbu ?

Comment

not 100% sure but i think im aloud to go which ever my company dont mind

Comment

Originally posted by RJShields32 View Post
                    Hi my name is Ross Shields and I live in the far northern highlands of Scotland. I am currently going through the interview stages for various companies. I have been offered the position I want with Maersk, which I have accepted and have just joined to hear of experiences and other peoples views.

Cheers
                    Ross

Hi Ross! I'm Kirsty, from Loch Lomond, and I'm going to be joining you in September as an Engine Cadet with Maersk!
                    What college you hoping to go to? or do you not mind?

Hell, I am young. I am free. My teeth are clean. The sun shines. To hell with everything else.
                    -Stephen Fry

Comment

STC for me!

Comment

Originally posted by jonnylambert View Post
                        STC for me!

Me too! I said anywhere but Glasgow, although STC would be my number one choice! Where you from jonny?
                        Hell, I am young. I am free. My teeth are clean. The sun shines. To hell with everything else.
                        -Stephen Fry

Comment

Couple of miles from bishop Auckland if you've heard of it? How about you?

Comment

Yeah i've heard of it!

I'm from lovely Scotland, just outside of Glasgow
                            -Stephen Fry

Comment

My friend from Scotland lives in Whitburn, west Lothian if you've heard of that and why don't you want to go to Glasgow?

Comment

Working...
                              X