Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello

Hello. I'm new to the site, read some threads here and seen some very useful information! Ive applied for Maersk, BP, Shell and RFA for the 2012 cadet scheme. Done the maths test and the personality indicator test for Maersk and also done the RT test for the RFA, waiting to here of them now and the other companies. Anyone else here in the same stage as me?

Welcome Murphy! There's quite a few about, I'm sure they'll be along in a bit!

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

Hello and welcome!
      I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.....

All posts here represent my own opinion and not that of my employer.

Comment

Thank you for the warm welcome. Another thing i was wondering was if one of you knew if any company have better training than others or are all of them roughly the same?

Comment

It's swings and roundabouts Murphy, and everyone has an opinion! There's a lot of hearsay about who's good and who's not. I know that Maersk are well regarded for their cadet training scheme, and the guy I was on the course with who worked for Shell had few complaints, apart from the lack of shore leave. Not heard much about BP, and the RFA sound like they're pretty on it! At the end of the day, as long as you get your ticket, it doesn't matter too much who you train with, you can always move about in the industry once you're qualified.

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Comment

Hi Murphy, I'm at a pretty similar stage to you I've applied for RFA with my AIB in March :O and I've just been invited to Maersk for interview on 16th Feb Busy applying for more companies too for security, although RFA would be preferred for me

Comment

Good luck for both of them! I got a letter through the post from RFA saying that I failed the RT test, I wasent surprised. I saw the test way harder than the examples they gave us to practice!

Comment

Thanks and good luck to you too Any word from Maersk yet?

Comment

Thanks! Yeah got an interview with them on the 20th deck or engine you applied for mate?

Comment

Deck here

Comment

ahh okay. good luck with the Maersk interview next week! let me know how it goes mate.

Comment

Working...
                      X