Ladies/ Girls!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladies/ Girls!

Well there's a few of us on here now, just thought it would be nice to say hi and find out how many there are now? It's a sad fact that we are still a minority in this industry and as such we should stick together and support each other. So far all the guys I've sailed with have been diamonds, but I've also heard some horror stories, and I reckon everyone should be told the good and the bad, just so they're prepared..

So, I've put the kettle on, who wants a cuppa?

Size4riggerboots

Blog tWitterings Flickr Tumblr Faceache

Re: Ladies/ Girls!

Hello! I don't drink tea haha, I'm probably the only person in the world who doesn't like it. But, I want to join the banter here for us girlie cadets
    "Did I tell you about my theory about sailors? Sailors are the finest people in the world."

Comment

Hi I totally agree with what you are saying and the fact that it is a "majority" male industry hasn't put me off joining. But glad to know there are other girls as well (:

Comment

I can reliably report that we are in double digits for ladies... legs 11, as opposed to 72 (smells of poo) lads confirmed.
        Seems like there are growing numbers of cadettes... quite a few on Bebo yet to join us, IIRC.
        Emeritus Admin & Founding Member

Comment

Originally posted by effiestephy
          I don't drink tea
          Truth be told, nor do I really, more of a coffee girl..

Nah sod that, lets crack open the wine and make this a proper girly thread!

Size4riggerboots

Comment

Haha, wine sounds good!
            "Did I tell you about my theory about sailors? Sailors are the finest people in the world."

Comment

Haha, so, my supposed 'best friend' saud on Facebook last night

'I hate the merchant navy'

How immature (: Just because she's jealous (she's gonna be a trolley dolly). Oh, and she got sacked on Monday from the cafe in Barrhead Travel because she can't heat soup up properly, customers were complaining.

Comment

Is that cos it might take you away from her? Jeeze man I don't see some of my friends for 6-18 months at a time now, but they love me and know I'm doing what I want so support me all the way. FB does mean I keep in touch with them, cos I'm rubbish at calling folks, but don't ever let anyone tell you that you shouldn't do what you want to do for them!!

Size4riggerboots

Comment

She's been quite jealous of me for a while, I mean, she has a boyfriend that constantly cheats on her, and she doesn't do anything! And she just uses FB now as a way of posting stupid remarks about me. Like this for example...

' OOO I got this, I got that, I got into this place, It automatically makes me above you. DOES IT ****! You never used to be like this.'

Please excuse her naughty language (: And I don't know why she said that, because I don't go around bragging that I got a cadetship... The last thing I said about it was..well it was basically me complaining about all the paperwork I had!

Comment

Hun, far be it for me or anyone else to tell you how to choose your friends, but if I were you.... she'd be off my friends list and phone in about 30 seconds flat. Friends are the people you choose to have in your life, it's only family you don't get to pick!

Size4riggerboots

Comment

Yeah, I've been thinking of ditching her as a friend for ages, we used to have so much fun together, we did the Tall Ships Race together! Now she's changed! Everyone has been telling me I don't need people like her, and I'm sure I'll find soo many better friends at college, I just hope September comes quickly! I'm too excited!

Comment

Well I'd send her a message explaing why you're cutting her out, calm, reasonable and clear. But don't stand for any nonsense. You'll meet load of people at college, and at sea over the next few years and make plenty of friends More than you know what to do with probably!

What you doing over the summer then? If I were you I'd be wangling my ass onto a tall ship!

Size4riggerboots

Comment

Bless her, off to be a trolley dolly. Three years of that ground me right down, good luck to her!
                          sigpic
                          Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at [email protected].

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Originally posted by size4riggerboots
                            wangling my ass onto a tall ship!
                            Have you got a diagram for that?!

On my facebook i've got two categories real friends (people i've actually really met in human life!), and online "frenz"; I put the real ones on "hide", and leave the online ones on... separating real reality from virtual reality.
                            The only online exchanges I have with real friends are transmission of amusing filth via e-mail, and the occasional drunken Gtalk chat. I leave "online" people on msn, where I'm less bothered about the outcomes of my interactions with them... just try not to confuse the internet with real life...
                            Emeritus Admin & Founding Member

Comment

Didn't know you were girls CD and Scotty!!!

Originally posted by Scotty
                              Have you got a diagram for that?!
                              Bad Scotty, down boy!

Size4riggerboots

Comment

Working...
                              X