Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Tap-tap* Is thing on? Yes? Ohh...Hii

Howdy folks,

Hi Cilla. I'm Sean, I'm 23, currently at BRNC Dartmouth which implies I'm either RN ("Why are you here?" I hear you ask...) or RFA ("Ahh...that makes more sense!!"). And I'm hoping to rock your boat tonight

I'm an RFA Deck Cadet who'll be attending Fleetwood in September on the FD course.

And no, I'm not an oddball pervert. As I started typing, it reminded me of the introductions you used to get on Blind Date. Although, looking at some of the smilies...I'd be in good company if I were lol

Little more about me:

I hail from the fishy lands of Grimsby (for those that don't know, take a map and draw a horizontal line from Fleetwood and stop when you reach the Greenwich Meridian Line. Then go left a smidge.

I'm an ex-Sea Cadet, please don't hold it against me...I'm a decent guy really. Prior to this I wasted a lot of time doing not a great deal. I always knew I wanted to do something with the sea, tried applying to a few places (Shell - never heard back. BP - apparently changed their entry requirements between me sending my application and them receiving it. Clyde Marine - tried sending an application 3 times; 1st time my Internet went down, 2nd and 3rd times I missed the closing of applications by a matter of hours. RFA - attended AIB in 2008 [I think] and failed, re-applied last year and passed - whoo...go me).

I chose the RFA as I have always had a great deal of respect for the RN, and the option to work side by side with them without being a combatant was of great appeal to me. That and compared to the RN, the living standards onboard RFAs is sheer luxury!! And then there's the whole taxback thingymajig.

Those who are attending Fleetwood in September, I look forward to seeing y'all (stand fast current RFA Intake...I've met you lot...well, I think it's only Amber on here at the moment).

Sean

PS. Hello to Mr Copeland when he gets back
    Mix normal butter with 'I can't believe it's not butter' and give it to your kids at breakfast time. They won't know what to believe...

*waves*

Hi Sean, wow, quite an introduction.

Welcome!
    sigpic
    Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at christopher.doyle@officercadet.com.

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Ello, I was on the RFA intake before you. Enjoy the food at Dartmouth while it lasts! Hows it going there? Done COLDA yet?

Comment

Charlie: I like to do things properly...aanndd I was bored lolkayak: COLDA is this coming week, Tuesday to Friday. Hopefully the weather will hold...heard you guys had to break theice on the sheep dip?? lolAnd I am enjoying the food here lol
        Mix normal butter with 'I can't believe it's not butter' and give it to your kids at breakfast time. They won't know what to believe...

Comment

lolkayak? IS this a new version of the roflcopter? Oh wait, I see now... Never mind.
          sigpic
          Hello! I'm Chris. I'm away a lot so I'm sorry if it takes me a while to reply to messages, but I promise I'll get back to everyone. If it's urgent, please email me directly at christopher.doyle@officercadet.com.

Need books, Flip Cards or chartwork instruments? Visit SailorShop.co.uk!

Comment

Hi there Sean!

To boldly go.....
            Forum Administrator
            OfficerCadet.com

Comment

Yeah, wasn't the most pleasant thing i've done... Having a touch of D+V at the time didn't help either! So you lot are Mr Sigleys last intake?

Comment

Working...
              X