Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiya from Indy-Rose

Hi guys!
    I'm looking into becoming a deck cadet, and thought that this forum would be an ideal place to hang out and try and soak up as much info as possible. Just a little bit about myself, my name is Steph, I am 17 years old, and live in North Wales. At the minute I am away at college studying horse management in Northamptonshire, but I am considering moving back home to do AS levels.
    Any advice or knowledge you guys could give me on life in the merchant navy, being at sea and the training involved it would be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Steph xx
    I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning to sail my ship.

Re: Hiya from Indy-Rose

welcome steph
    Be what you want to be not what other people tell you to be
    Adapt and over come
    Careers At Sea Ambassador

Comment

Welcome Steph!
      You can find lots of info here and we're pleased to answer any questions you have. If people don't know, there's usually a way of finding out.

To boldly go.....
      Forum Administrator
      OfficerCadet.com

Comment

Welcome to the site Steph,

As far as advice and knowledge is concerned take some time to browse the forum & wiki site....completely packed with questions/answers and experiences!

The members here range from aspiring cadets such as yourself, to current cadets and qualified/experienced officers to retired members of the Merchant Navy...

Feel free to post any questions you may have
        Luck......Preperation times Opportunity.

Comment

Welcome, I am new here to and finding it very useful indeed.

Comment

Good luck, this is a great website with a wealth of information and people of varying experience levels to provide support to you.
            Have you checked out the government website for some ideas of sponsor companies? www.careersatsea.org.uk

Comment

Working...
            X