Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CharlieDelta
    replied
    Hmmm, I really must review our smiley collection. Far too many odd ones you keep dragging up.

Leave a comment:

• size4riggerboots
    replied
    I would just like to give tlloyd a big thumbs up, this kind of attitude is what the MN needs, IMHO. Other people would do well to take a leaf out of his book.
    Old person rant over

Leave a comment:

• tlloyd1983
    replied
    Haha, no, you just get on with it. Another day, another Renminbi. It's only 6 hours port watch after all. Then 12 hours sailing to Ningbo, then you start it all over again. Then you sail to Yantian, do it all over again. Then Hong Kong, then you do it all over again, then Singapore, you do it all again, then Tanjung Pelepas, do it all again. Asia=Madness. People think visiting ports must be the nicest part of the job at sea. It isn't. The nicest part is the ocean passage.

Leave a comment:

• Ducki52
    replied
    Originally posted by tlloyd1983 View Post
    Haha, 13,100 box ship in Yangshan, 5000 moves and discharging break bulk from CH10, discharging 200 reefers as well, using 7 gantries with twin spreaders. 366m to run back and forward, and stevedores stealing the LSA on deck. One O/S, one Cadet and one Officer. Oh, the Anti-Heeling Pump is being serviced, so you have to pump manually between the heeling tanks. Challenging aint the word!
    Was that one of those moments where you just look at the unfolding situation through narrowed eyes thinking 'no, surely not... I MUST be hallucinating...'

Leave a comment:

• tlloyd1983
    replied
    Haha, 13,100 box ship in Yangshan, 5000 moves and discharging break bulk from CH10, discharging 200 reefers as well, using 7 gantries with twin spreaders. 366m to run back and forward, and stevedores stealing the LSA on deck. One O/S, one Cadet and one Officer. Oh, the Anti-Heeling Pump is being serviced, so you have to pump manually between the heeling tanks. Challenging aint the word!

Leave a comment:

• GuinnessMan
    replied
    Originally posted by tlloyd1983 View Post
    Your bold points noted. Contribution appreciated. Companies are mostly non-UK companies, who will hire British personnel. Container ships are my target, have tried bulk, but feel at home at the moment with box ships.
    Ach, boring! No challenge to them! Go for tankers...

Leave a comment:

• tlloyd1983
    replied
    Your bold points noted. Contribution appreciated. Companies are mostly non-UK companies, who will hire British personnel. Container ships are my target, have tried bulk, but feel at home at the moment with box ships.

Leave a comment:

• GuinnessMan
    replied
    Edit

Leave a comment:

• tlloyd1983
    replied
    Check your messages.

Leave a comment:

• size4riggerboots
    replied
    Part of my problem is that I am still awaiting my CoC in the post, I sent off for it only a couple of weeks ago, despite qualifying in early Dec. Once I have that there are several online application forms I can finish filling out. Plus, most of my experience is cruise ship, which I'm not massively keen on going back to, but it does mean that people with cargo ship experience will be more likely to get a job that they and I apply to... Once I have my CoC I can finally get my Viking Recruitment form finished off, and the Maersk one too and hopefully after that things will start happing a bit quicker!

tlloyd, would you feel like being very kind and sending me that list?? Pwetty pwease?

Leave a comment:

• tlloyd1983
    replied
    Originally posted by Ducki52 View Post
    S4, amidst all this talk of there being oodles of jobs for MN Officers, your continued joblessness isn't filling me with eastern promise...

Or are you just picky?
    You just got to know where to look. I have 5 companies on my list for after I qualify if I don't get offered a place, all hiring Junior UK deckies. As for engineers, there are tons of jobs available.

Leave a comment:

• Ducki52
    replied
    Originally posted by size4riggerboots View Post
    Nuts.
    S4, amidst all this talk of there being oodles of jobs for MN Officers, your continued joblessness isn't filling me with eastern promise...

Or are you just picky?

Leave a comment:

• size4riggerboots
    replied
    Shweet! Cheers matey!

Leave a comment:

• tlloyd1983
    replied
    Delta are hiring I believe. http://www.deltamarine.co.uk/crew-recruitment

Right now, we are looking for both Deck Engineering Officers mainly for positions on container vessels ranging from 2500 TEU to 8000 TEU.

Junior positions are also available for good ex UK cadets and experienced Junior Officers.

Leave a comment:

• size4riggerboots
    replied
    Nuts.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X